Timetable for the 2020 Admissions Cycle
|Action||Earliest Date||Latest Date|
Applications must be submitted online through the American Association of Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS). The deadline for receipt of the AADSAS application, official DAT scores, and all other required application materials is February 1st in the year admission is sought. Applications that are incomplete cannot be reviewed.
NYU Dentistry will email each applicant a link to their NYU Applicant Status Portal once their application is verified by AADSAS. Applicants can use the NYU portal to pay the supplemental application fee, submit application updates, and check the status of their application throughout the cycle.
Please note: NYU Dentistry does not use the AADSAS portal to provide status updates; instead, all updates will be communicated via email and the NYU status portal.
Application Fee Payment
All applicants must pay NYU's supplemental application fee of $80 (US). As applications are verified by ADEA AADSAS, NYU Dentistry will provide a link to each applicant via email to pay the supplemental application fee.
The fee may be paid online; if paying by check, please mail to the following address:
NYU College of Dentistry
Office of Admissions
433 First Avenue, Suite 125
New York, NY 10010
Attn: 2020 DDS Application
For Canadian/Non-U.S. Applicants
The non-refundable $80 application processing fee must be in U.S. dollars and may be paid online, by money order, or by check. If paying by check, please note that the check must meet all of the following criteria:
- Checks must have a pre-printed denotation stating the check is being drawn from U.S. funds. This means that "U.S. Funds" cannot be handwritten by the account holder.
- The check must have a 9-digit U.S. routing number, usually located at the bottom of the check.
- The bank from which you are drafting the check must have an affiliated branch located in the United States.
- The affiliated U.S. bank address must be pre-printed on the check.
The NYU College of Dentistry is committed to recruiting a diverse student body. Fee waivers for the NYU College of Dentistry supplemental application fee are granted based on one of the following criteria:
- Financial hardship
- U.S. military members / U.S. veterans
- Teach for America alumni
To request an application fee waiver for the DDS program, please submit a request in writing to email@example.com at the time of your application.
The request should include your full name and program for which you are applying, along with the following documents:
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) for financial hardship, or
- Documentation of service if you meet the other criteria
If you have been out of school and do not have a SAR, you may send a copy of your most recent tax return (form 1040). Please include all pages and schedules of the tax form. We will notify you via email once your request for an application fee waiver has been approved.