Linhart CDE Program Patient Information
- Implant Dentistry: Missing teeth and loose dentures make many people uncomfortable or sometimes even ashamed. However, today's modern treatment plans can replace everything from a single missing tooth to a completely missing arch. Implant dentistry is the procedure in which a metal screw with an attached artificial tooth is inserted directly into the jaw as a permanent tooth replacement. Using a titanium base, it is surgically placed into the jawbone and capped with a crown or bridge to mimic the aesthetics and functionality of a natural tooth.
- Aesthetic Dentistry: is performed to correct everything from minor flaws in the smile to severe tooth discoloration, missing teeth, and uneven spacing between teeth. Treatment may include laminate veneers, crowns, bridges, teeth whitening.
- Full Mouth Rehabilitation: is usually a complete restoration of the mouth. It is typically performed on people with severely worn or broken teeth. This treatment could incorporate Implant and aesthetic dental procedures to restore dental health and improve appearance.
For a free consultation, please call:
- For Implant Dentistry: (212) 998-9769
- For Aesthetic Dentistry: (212) 998-9837
- For Full Mouth Reconstruction: (212) 998-9837
Patients of the NYU Linhart Continuing Dental Education Program are generally treated in the Rosenthal Institute for Aesthetic Dentistry, located on the first floor (clinic 1W) of NYU College of Dentistry.
NYU College of Dentistry's main entrance is located at 345 East 24th Street, on the corner of 1st Avenue.
Please note that photo identification is required to enter the College of Dentistry.
For all treatment that is provided in the dental school, there will be associated fees. After you have received a treatment plan, the fees will be discussed and you will then be able to discuss and make financial arrangements. You will find that our fees are generally lower than those of a private practice.
We welcome patients with insurance coverage. We do not however have the resources to file and manage claims with insurance companies. Patients are therefore responsible to file their own claims. To assist you in obtaining reimbursement from your insurance company, our staff will provide all the necessary information, including X-rays and a description of services, to include/attach to your insurance claim form.
The first appointment is a dental screening to determine if you are a candidate for treatment in this clinic. After the initial dental screening you will register as a patient of NYU College of Dentistry, and we will perform any necessary X- rays and examination.
Your initial visit will be a scheduled appointment. It will last approximately two hours and will include registration and appropriate X-rays. A second two-hour visit will be required to complete a comprehensive oral examination and inform you of our findings and diagnosis, at which time we can discuss various treatment options.
Please call for specific days we are in session, dates can vary seasonally. In general, clinical sessions are as follows.
- Implant Clinics are held on Mondays, Wednesdays or Thursdays
- Aesthetic Clinics are held on Tuesday mornings
- Full Mouth Reconstruction Clinics are held on Friday mornings
Linhart Continuing Dental Education Program participants are New York State licensed dentists who are attending our program to expand their dental education and knowledge. All care is closely supervised by our expert faculty to ensure you are receiving the best care possible.