Academy of Distinguished Educators
2019 NYU College of Dentistry Academy of Distinguished Educators inductees: Dr. Mary Kang and Dr. Stefania Willis.
Two new members, five fellows, and one honorary fellow were inducted into the NYU Academy of Distinguished Educators on Friday, September 13, 2019. This year's inductees are Dr. Mary Kang, clinical assistant professor, periodontology and implant dentistry; and Dr. Stefania Willis, clinical associate professor, dental hygiene. This year's fellows inductees are Dr. Ronald Craig, professor, basic science and craniofacial biology; Dr. Debra Ferraiolo, clinical assistant professor, oral and maxillofacial pathology, radiology, and medicine; Dr. Laurie Fleisher, clinical assistant professor, endodontics and cariology and comprehensive care; and Dr. Johanna Warshaw, clinical associate professor, basic science and craniofacial biology. This year's honorary fellow inductee is Dr. Andrew Spielman, professor, basic science and craniofacial biology.
The mission of the NYU Academy of Distinguished Educators is to enhance overall teaching at the NYU College of Dentistry and to stimulate excitement among teachers around their intellectual content.
About the Academy
The NYU Academy of Distinguished Educators is an expression of the College's commitment to excellence in teaching, learning, and scholarship. Central to the vision of the Academy is the idea that teaching and learning is fundamental to the core mission of the College and faculty members should be valued for their contributions in this area.
- Advance the art and science of teaching and learning at the College
- Stimulate interest in teaching practice, change, innovation, and scholarship
- Network and collaborate with educators within and beyond the College to share best practices
- Provide mentorship and support to other faculty members
- Function as a think-tank, exploring issues pertaining to teaching and learning
- Encourage teaching excellence by inviting experts to share their perspectives
- Develop venues so that faculty members can present new ideas, methods, and research
- Encourage and fund projects that advance the teaching mission of the College
Academy Chair: Johanna Warshaw