Winnie Furnari, RDH, MS
Adjunct Clinical Professor
Dental Center, 345 E. 24th Street, Room 6S, New York, NY 10010
- Fellow, American Academy of Dental Hygiene
- 2016 ADHA Educator of the Year
- 2015 NJDHA Frances Fluhr Award for Outstanding Service
- 2013 NYUCD Academy of Distinguished Educators
- 2013 American Academy of Dental Hygiene Presidential Award for Commitment to
- Excellence and Outstanding Leadership
- 2013 NYUCD Faculty of the Month
- 2012 RDH/Philips Mentor of Distinction
- 2012 NYUCD Faculty of the Year
- 2011 NYUCD Student Council Appreciation Award
- 2011 Harlem Chamber of Commerce 9/11 First Responders Award
- 2012 NYUCD Student Council Faculty of the Year Award
- Sigma Phi Alpha - Inducted 2007
- German Society of Forensic Odonto-Stomatology - 2004 Gosta Gustafson Award
- American Dental Hygienists' Association - Distinguished Service Award ‘01, Forensic
- Contribution Award ‘02, Pfizer/ADHA Excellence in Dental Hygiene ‘06
- Dental Society State of New York - Stevenson Award
- Dental Hygienists' Association of the State of New York:
- President's Award, Mentoring Award, Volunteerism Awards: State & Local
- New York State Department of Health Recognition
- Recognitions: Office of Chief Medical Examiner, City of New York, New York City
- Council, U.S. Congress, Florida Dental Hygiene Foundation, Colgate Palmolive Company,
- Procter and Gamble, OCCC, New York State Dental Association, American Academy of Dental Hygiene
- 2011 Honorable mention, most important article: PennWell
RESEARCH INTERESTS / PROFESSIONAL OVERVIEW
- Forensic Dentistry/Catastrophe Preparedness
Complete listing available on the NYU Health Sciences Library site.
Furnari W. "Turtle Crossing Ahead," RDH October 2015 35(10).
Furnari, W, Gladstone, R. "The History of Dental Hygiene Timeline," Dimensions of Dental Hygiene Special Edition: Centennial Celebration of Dental Hygiene 1913-2013 May 2013.
Furnari W. "Emergency Preparedness," Dimensions 10(6) p62-65 June 2012.
Furnari W, et al. "Ethics: Going Forward," Access May-Jun 2011 25(5), p. 24
Hovliaras, C, Savvy Success, 2012 Vol 1 ISBN 978-1-4772-0582-2 AuthorHouse Blooomington, NJ. Furnari, W. Chapter 5 "Be Prepared to Serve."
Knowledge of HIV, attitudes toward HIV and willingness to conduct rapid HIV testing among dental hygienists.
Furnari, Winnie; Davide, Susan; Cortell, Marilyn; Krishnamachari, Bhuma; Haden, Sara; Watts, Brandy. American Public Health Association Nov 2014 "Dental Hygiene Patient's Willingness to Undergo HIV Testing" American Dental Hygienists' Association June 2014
ADHA Boston, June 2013 "Knowledge and Attitudes towards People with HIV and Willingness to Conduct Rapid HIV Testing: A National Survey of U.S. Dental Hygienists"
NYU Dentistry Research Day, April 2013 "Surgical Weight Loss: What Else Are You Losing?" Silverman, Raizberg, Furnari, Gladstone, Willis
North American Research Conference Knowledge and Attitudes of HIV Among Senior Dental Hygiene Students 10/11
ADHA HIV Nashville, TN Knowledge and Attitudes of HIV Among Senior Dental Hygiene Students 6/17/2011
ADHA Orlando Clinic Journal Writing 2006
ADEA New Orleans Clinic Journal Writing 2006
Modern Hygienist October 2006