Office of Social Work and Patient Advocacy
What is a Patient Advocate?
Patient Advocates at the NYU College of Dentistry facilitate solving patient concerns and complaints, and also help answer questions about your care and understand your rights as a patient.
Please view the Patient Bill of Rights >>>
We understand that going to the dentist can be difficult and overwhelming at times. The NYU Dentistry Patient Advocates are here to act as the liaison between patients and the College so patients can express their concerns, ensuring that the standards within the College are upheld and the patient experience is as pleasant as possible. One of our advocates is a licensed Social Worker who can provide assistance with a wide range of social service issues.
- Serve as the contact and support people for patients who present questions, concerns and/or complaints.
- Address questions regarding the patient's care, enlisting clinical faculty to support when necessary.
- Receive compliments and suggestions to improve the patient experience at the NYU College of Dentistry.
- Provide referrals for patients and their families to social services outside of the College, such as Medicaid and housing.
- Assist patients in presenting facts to administration, developing acceptable resolutions to issues and following-up on outcomes.
- Maintain patient confidence by keeping complaint information confidential.
To reach the Patient Advocates by phone, please call: (212) 998-9460
We are at your service for appointments and walk-ins on Monday through Thursday from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm, and on Fridays from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
Our office is located in Suite 320S on the 3rd Floor of the NYU Dentistry Schwartz Building, entrance on 345 East 24th Street (corner of 1st Avenue), New York, NY 10010.
If you are a new patient and would like to schedule a visit, please call Patient Admissions at (212) 998-9800. Additional information for new patients can be found on our main Patient Care page.
To make, change, or cancel an appointment, please call your clinic directly. For more information please visit the Clinic Directory >>> or dial (212) 998-9800 for assistance.
For Emergency Services/Urgent Care, please call (212) 998-9660 or visit the Emergency Care Center at 345 East 24th Street, 2nd floor, Suite 207.