Patients: Special Needs
The NYU College of Dentistry is located at 345 E. 24th Street (corner of First Avenue) in Manhattan.
For Emergency Services/Urgent Care, please call
To schedule your first appointment, please call
A wide range of treatment for special needs patients is provided.
The Special Patient Care treatment area is located on the first floor, Schwartz building, adjacent to the NYU Nursing Faculty Practice.
To learn more about Special Needs Dentistry, please call the Office of Special Patient Care: (212) 998-9888.
Quality, affordable, comprehensive patient care is provided for all ages and all dental needs:
- General Dentistry: Comprehensive care and dental hygiene covering all phases of dentistry.
- Emergency Services/Urgent Care: Urgent care for patients with excessive bleeding, swelling, oral infection and/or trauma is provided with no appointment necessary. Patients requiring urgent care should visit Suite 207 on the second floor.
- Pediatric Dentistry: Pediatric dental treatment and disease prevention for children up to 14 years of age, with special facilities for newborns and infants. Services provided include sealants, fluoride treatment, athletic mouth guards, fillings, and space maintainers.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: Surgical extraction of teeth and removal of diseased tissue. Services provided include surgical treatment of injuries and developmental malformations of the mouth, jaws, and related facial structures.
- Orthodontics: A wide range of treatment is provided for children, adolescents, and adults who need braces. Visit www.nyu.edu/dental/patientinfo/orthodontics to learn more.
- Implant Dentistry: Procedures for dental implants provided.
- Endodontics: Root canal procedures and other endodontic issues are provided.
- Periodontics: A wide range of treatment is provided for patients with gum disease.
- Prosthodontics: Procedures for patients requiring crowns and bridges are provided.
- Aesthetic Dentistry: The Rosenthal Institute for Aesthetic Dentistry features current and emerging techniques in aesthetic dentistry in a setting that combines the look and feel of the finest private dental practices in New York City.
NYU Dental Faculty Practices
In addition to the dental care provided at the NYU College of Dentistry, patient care in all phases of specialty and general dentistry is provided by expert faculty in a private practice environment, on a fee-for-service basis, at locations in Greenwich Village and the NYU Medical Center. Learn more about the NYU Dental Faculty Practices. >>>
NYU Oral Cancer Center
At the forefront of prevention, treatment, and care for oral cancers and precancers, the NYU Oral Cancer Center provides a Care Team of experts who specialize in head and neck surgery, radiation and chemotherapy, rehabilitation, nutrition, pain management and spiritual support. To learn more and schedule an appointment, visit the NYU Oral Cancer Center. >>>