Get Involved. You Won't regret it.
There's so much to do at NYU College of Dentistry. In addition to the opportunity to participate in over 30 student-driven clubs and organizations that celebrate volunteerism, culture, ethnicity, language, music, activism, art and dance, there are leadership opportunities such as Student Government and Student Peer Review Board.
The Student Government is the overarching student body representation at NYU Dentistry. This group is made up of students from across all four class years, who are elected by their peers to serve as the student voice and liaisons between the student body, faculty, and administration. Under the guidance and support of the Office of Student Affairs & Academic Support Services, the Student Government approves new student clubs and organizations, delegates funds to support student club initiatives and programs, works closely with the senior administration, faculty, and four class councils to assess and develop responses to emerging student needs, and strives to build community and promote a positive, ethical learning environment in partnership with the leadership of the College.
The Peer Review Board (PRB) is a student-led, College-wide organization which gives our students the opportunity to function under their own review panel, learn to identify unethical behaviors within their class, and take responsibility for handling these infractions. At the same time, the PRB fosters an environment that values working relationships and promotes the idea that unethical behavior hurts not only the guilty party but also everyone in a shared profession.
Please follow this link for more information on the Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct (PDF).
The Office of Student Affairs & Academic Support Services places a high priority on offering students an exceptional co-curricular experience to support their learning and development as exceptional dental professionals. The College offers more than 40 student clubs and organizations to foster an environment that promotes community, professional development, ethical leadership, and creative interests. Below is a listing of our student clubs and organizations. The NYU Dentistry Student Government approves new student clubs and organizations, and delegates funds to support student club initiatives and programs each year. Students interested in starting a new club or organization are encouraged to contact the Office of Student Affairs & Academic Support Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn about the "New Club in Development" application and approval process.
- Academy of General Dentistry Student Chapter at NYU Dentistry (AGD)
- ACE - The Health Practitioner's Society (ACE)
- Aesthetics Society (AESTHETICS)
- Allies & Queers for Understanding and Awareness (AQUA)
- Alpha Omega at NYU College of Dentistry (AO)
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Student Chapter (AAPD)
- American Dental Education Association at NYU College of Dentistry (ADEA)
- American Student Dental Association at NYU College of Dentistry (ASDA)
- Chinese Student Dental Association (CSDA)
- Christian Medical and Dental Association (CMDA)
- Citizen Schools Club (CSC)
- Dental Economics Club (DEC)
- Dental Mindfulness & Fitness Society (DMFS)
- Dental Outreach and Community Screening Club
- Endodontic Society (ENDO)
- Evangelical Student Fellowship (ESF)
- Generation Smile (GENSMILE)
- Hispanic Student Dental Association (HSDA)
- Korean Student Dental Association (KSDA)
- Left Handed Student Association (LHSA)
- Muslim Dental Association (MDA)
- New York University College of Dentistry - Student Government
- New York University College of Dentistry 2020 Class Council (CC20)
- New York University College of Dentistry 2021 Class Council (CC21)
- New York University College of Dentistry 2022 Class Council (CC22)
- New York University College of Dentistry 2023 Class Council (CC23) *to be elected
- Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology Society (OMP)
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Society (OMS)
- Orthodontics Society (ORTHO)
- Periodontal Club (PERIO)
- Persian Student Dental Association
- Russian American Dental Association (RADA)
- Society for Individuals with Special Needs (SNS)
- South Asian Student Dental Association (SASDA)
- Student National Dental Association (SNDA)
- Student Research Group (SRG)
- Students in Public Health Dentistry (SPHD)
- Tri-Service Military Dental Club
- Women in Dentistry
- Xi Psi Phi Fraternity (ZIPS)
Students interested in becoming involved in any of these organizations should speak with a member of the Student Council or a member of the Office of Student Affairs & Academic Support Services.
Current students can stay up to date with all club programming on NYU Engage (NYU netID required).