Council on Humanitarianism
All NYU Dentistry staff, faculty, and administrators are eligible and welcome!
2022 nomination deadline:
Monday, July 25th (11:59pm)
The Council on Humanitarianism strives to foster a compassionate and trusting environment that promotes mutual respect beyond hierarchies, celebrates diversity, and enhances community at NYU College of Dentistry.
Who We Are
A collective of faculty, staff, and administrators who serve as Ambassadors committed to enhancing community, connections, and engagement at NYU College of Dentistry.
What We Do
Cultivate a more positive, diverse, and engaged community across all members of our College by creating a platform for support of College and University programs, initiatives, and events in collaboration with departments/offices to achieve their goals.
How We Do It
- Council Ambassadors:
Council on Humanitarianism "Ambassadors" are a collective of faculty, staff, and administrators committed to enhancing community, connections, and engagement at NYU College of Dentistry. Ambassadors deepen their role and commitment to the College in their everyday work and lives by helping to foster a positive, trusting, highly professionalized and inclusive environment and determine ways to support programs at the College toward that goal.
- "Day in the Life" Presentations:
Each month, members of the Humanitarianism Council present a “Day in the Life” program as an opportunity to share their interests and experiences within and outside their work at the College. Interested in presenting? Please contact us at: email@example.com
- Humanitarianism Council Retreats:
Each year, the full Council on Humanitarianism comes together for a working retreat to expand our membership, further develop connections among council members, create opportunities for creativity in community-building at the College, and to reflect on our individual and combined power and achievements in creating a positive change to our environment in the year ahead.
- College-wide Collaborations:
Below are examples of the recent College wide collaborations sponsored or supported by the Council on Humanitarianism:
- Dean's Boardwalk BBQ community event
- Spirit Week & Humanitarianism Pledge Day
- NYU Oral Cancer Walk Humanitarianism Team
- Council on Humanitarianism Incentive Program: CHIPS
- NYU Global Home Headshots & Support Initiative
- ILearn Training Brown Bag Lunches
- Humanitarianism Council Afternoon Tea Meet-n-Greets
- Dean's Humanitarianism Council Lectures
- Council on Humanitarianism Retreats
- NYU Oral Cancer Walk "Fall Fun & Games" Family Event
- "NYU Votes: In Conversation with Congresswoman Grace Meng"
- "Mindful Mondays"
- "A Day in the Life" Presentations
- "Mentoring & Humanitarianism: We Are Stronger than We Know"
If you have any questions or are interested in learning more about the Council, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org