Goal #1: The Advanced Education Program in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery will provide residents with the medical and surgical knowledge, judgment and skills, ethics and professionalism to render proficient OMS care to their patients throughout their professional careers.
- Objective 1A: To admit residents with high qualifications
- Objective 1B: To recruit and retain highly qualified faculty
- Objective 1C: To maintain program accreditation status by the ADA CODA with no recommendations
- Objective 1D: To provide outstanding didactic and clinical instruction essential to the practice of oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Objective 1E: To provide comprehensive foundation medical knowledge and skills essential to the practice of oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Objective 1F: To successfully complete and maintain the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial certification
Goal #2: Patients will receive high quality comprehensive OMS care in an environment of respect and compassion
- Objective 2: To provide quality patient care utilizing the AAOMS Parameters of Care
- Objective 3A: To become a critical appraiser of the OMS related literature
- Objective 3B: Each resident will develop a research project suitable for presentation/ publication
Goal #4: To instill in residents the desire to participate in service to the profession, the institution, and the community
- Objective 4A: Residents will participate in professional organizations and institutional committees
- Objective 4B: Residents will participate in providing OMS care to underserved populations locally and internationally
Goal #5: All residents will demonstrate ethical principles and sensitivity to a diverse patient population. They will exhibit excellent interpersonal and communication skills with patients, families and other health professionals.
- Objective 5: Residents will exhibit excellent interpersonal and communication skills with patients, families and other health professionals.