Advanced Standing Program for International Dentists
New York University College of Dentistry (NYU Dentistry) offers a full-time 24-month Advanced Standing DDS Program for internationally trained dentists who seek to practice dentistry in the United States. This program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). Please submit your application through ADEA CAAPID.
Length of Program: 24 months
Application Opens: August 1, 2018
Application Deadline: December 17, 2018
Program Start Date: May 20, 2019
Class Size: 5-15
Degree Awarded: DDS
English Language Proficiency
- All applicants must be proficient in the English language and are required to take the TOEFL exam to be considered for admission.
- TOEFL (iBT) and TOEFL (PBT) exams are accepted.
- The minimum required score is 100 on the iBT and 603 on the PBT. No exceptions will be made. Applications will not be reviewed if they do not meet the minimum score required.
- The original TOEFL score report must be sent directly from ETS to NYU Dentistry upon admission to the program. Unofficial copies are not accepted.
- TOEFL exam scores are valid for only two years and must not expire before the program start date.
- The TOEFL exam will not be waived.
National Board Dental Examination
- The program requires passage of the NBDE Parts I & II to be considered for admission. Both exams are mandatory by the application deadline.
- Must submit original NBDE Parts I & II score report directly from the ADA to NYU Dentistry upon admission to the program. Unofficial copies are not accepted.
Letters of Evaluation
- The program requires three (3) letters of evaluation; one (1) letter of evaluation from the Dean of the dental school from which the applicant graduated, and two (2) other letters of evaluation from faculty members.
- All letters of evaluation must be sent directly to CAAPID.
Transcripts and Evaluations
- Applicants must submit an official ECE course-by-course evaluation to ADEA CAAPID. We do not accept evaluations from WES or any other credential evaluators.
- Beginning this application cycle, applicants may now submit their U.S. transcripts directly to ADEA CAAPID (if applicable).
- Notarized copies of the dental diploma and transcript will be required upon admission to the program.
Upon receipt of an acknowledgement email from the Office of Admissions, please submit the non-refundable application processing fee of $100 (USD).
- For online payments, please visit the Application Fee Payment page. You will need your CAAPID ID number in order to process this payment.
- You can also mail your application fee in the form of a personal check, money order, or bank draft. Make the check payable to "NYU College of Dentistry". Please include your CAAPID ID number in the memo and mail your non-refundable fee payment to the following address:
NYU College of Dentistry
Office of Admissions
433 First Avenue, Suite 125
New York, NY 10010
Attn: 2019 AS Application