Advanced Standing Program for International Dentists
NYU College of Dentistry offers Advanced Standing into the DDS program for the internationally trained dentist who seeks to practice dentistry in the United States. Students admitted with advanced placement enter a 28-month, full-time program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). With its culmination in the DDS degree, the graduating dentist has met the educational requirement for licensure. Please submit your application through ADEA CAAPID.
While this is not an NYU Dentistry Admissions requirement, licensure in New York State requires 6 years of education (1-year pre-professional, 5-year professional), prior to the Advanced Standing program. For more information, please visit the NYSED.
Requirements for licensure may vary in other states.
|Length of Program||28 months|
|Application Opens||March 8, 2022|
|Application Deadline||June 1, 2022|
|Program Start Date||January, 2023|
|Class Size||20 - 30|
English Language Proficiency
- All applicants must be proficient in the English language and are required to take the TOEFL iBT exam. The TOEFL exam will not be waived.
- The minimum required score is 100; no exceptions will be made. We will not accept "MyBest Scores".
- We accept the new TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition.
- The TOEFL score must not expire before the application deadline, June 2022.
National Board Dental Examination (NBDE Part I & II, INBDE)
- Applicants must pass the NBDE Part I & II or the INBDE exam.
- The NBDE Part I & II or the INBDE score reports must be reported directly from the ADA to ADEA CAAPID.
* The INBDE was launched on August 1, 2020, and the NBDE Part I was discontinued on December 31, 2020. If you were not able to take the NBDE Part I exam before December 31, 2020, you are now required to take the INBDE exam.
Advanced Dental Admission Test (ADAT)
- The ADAT is not required.
Letters of Evaluation
- The program requires three (3) letters of evaluation. One (1) letter of evaluation from your dental school dean, and two (2) letters of evaluation from dental school faculty members.
- All letters of evaluation must be sent directly to ADEA CAAPID.
Transcripts and Evaluations
- Applicants must submit an official ECE course-by-course evaluation to ADEA CAAPID.
- We do not accept evaluations from WES or any other credential evaluators.
- Documents such as dental school transcripts, diplomas, and official transcripts from an accredited U.S. or Canadian institution can be uploaded to ADEA CAAPID.
- A non-refundable processing fee of $100.00 (USD) is required to complete your application. Instructions on how to submit the payment will be emailed after the applications are received from ADEA CAAPID.