Advanced Standing Program for International Dentists
New York University College of Dentistry (NYU Dentistry) offers Advanced Standing into the D.D.S. program for the internationally trained dentist who seeks to practice dentistry in the United States. Students admitted with advanced placement enter a 28 months, full-time program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). With its culmination in the D.D.S. degree, the graduating dentist has met the educational requirement for licensure. Please submit your application through ADEA CAAPID.
Length of Program: 28 months
Application Opens: March 5, 2019
Application Deadline: June 1, 2019
Program Start Date: January 6, 2020
Class Size: 20 - 30
Degree Awarded: DDS
English Language Proficiency
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- It is mandatory that all applicants take the TOEFL exam to be considered for admission.
- We accept Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) exam only.
- Minimum score required on the iBT is 100. No exceptions will be made.
- Official TOEFL score report must be reported directly from ETS to ADEA CAAPID.
- TOEFL test is valid only for two years, and cannot expire before the program start date.
- This exam will not be waived.
National Board Dental Examination
- The program requires passage of the NBDE Parts I & II to be considered for admission. Both exams are mandatory by the application deadline.
- Must submit original NBDE Parts I & II score report directly from the ADA to NYU Dentistry upon admission to the program. Unofficial copies are not accepted.
Letters of Evaluation
- The program requires three (3) letters of evaluation; one (1) letter of evaluation from the Dean of the dental school from which the applicant graduated, and two (2) other letters of evaluation from faculty members.
- All letters of evaluation must be sent directly to CAAPID.
Transcripts and Evaluations
- Applicants must submit an official ECE course-by-course evaluation to ADEA CAAPID. We do not accept evaluations from WES or any other credential evaluators.
- Beginning this application cycle, applicants may now submit their U.S. transcripts directly to ADEA CAAPID (if applicable).
- Notarized copies of the dental diploma and transcript will only be required upon admission to the program.
Upon receipt of an acknowledgement email from the Office of Admissions, please submit the non-refundable application processing fee of $100 (USD).
- For online payments, please visit the Application Fee Payment page. You will need your CAAPID ID number in order to process this payment.
- You can also mail your application fee in the form of a personal check, money order, or bank draft. Make the check payable to "NYU College of Dentistry". Please include your CAAPID ID number in the memo and mail your non-refundable fee payment to the following address:
NYU College of Dentistry
Office of Admissions
433 First Avenue, Suite 125
New York, NY 10010
Attn: 2020 AS Application