Timetable for the 2019 Admissions Cycle
|Earliest Date||Latest Date|
- Applications can be submitted online through the American Association of Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS). The deadline for receipt of the AADSAS application is February 1st in the year admission is sought.
- Information about the Dental Admission Test is available on the ADA website. Applicants' DAT scores must be submitted by February 15th in the year admission is sought. Please note that the DAT test must have been taken within 3 years of the year in which admission is sought. Scores older than 3 years will not be considered. If you plan on taking the Canadian DAT, the latest test date that we will accept will be the November prior to the application deadline.
- NYU College of Dentistry requires a supplemental non-refundable application fee payment of $80 (USD). To pay this fee online, please visit the NYU Dental Application Fee Payment page. You will need your AADSAS ID number in order to process this payment.
If you are unable to use the online payment system, you may mail a check or money order for $80 (USD), payable to "NYU College of Dentistry," to the address below:
NYU College of Dentistry
Office of Admissions
Attn: 2019 DDS Application
433 First Avenue, Suite 125
New York, NY 10010
*Note: For Canadian and other non-US-based applicants, please see special Payment Guidelines below.
To pay this fee online, please visit the NYU Dental Application Fee Payment page. You will need your AADSAS ID number in order to process this payment.
If you are unable to use the online payment system, you may mail a check or money order for $80 (USD), payable to "NYU College of Dentistry," to the address above.
The non-refundable $80 application processing fee must be in U.S. dollars and may be paid by either money order or a check. If paying by check, please note that the check must meet all of the following criteria:
• Checks must have a pre-printed denotation stating the check is being drawn from U.S. Funds. Please keep in mind that this means that U.S. funds cannot be handwritten by the account holder.
• The check must have a 9-digit U.S. routing number, usually located at the bottom of the check.
• The bank from which you are drafting the check must have an affiliated branch located in the United States.
• The affiliated U.S. bank address must be pre-printed on the check.
Please see information on Fee Waivers below.
- Information about the TOEFL (for applicants with a Bachelor's degree from a school outside of the US or Canada) is available on the Educational Testing Services website. Applicants' TOEFL scores must be submitted by February 1st in the year in which admission is sought. Scores older than 2 years will not be considered. TOEFL scores should be submitted directly to NYU Dentistry. Our Institution code is 2597, Department 38.
- All applicants are required to submit official transcripts for all colleges attended upon acceptance.
Applicants with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university school outside of the U.S. or Canada are required to submit an ECE course-by-course evaluation from Educational Credential Evaluators to NYU Dentistry at the time of application.
- Responsibility for completing the application rests with the applicant. Applications that are incomplete cannot be reviewed.
NYU College of Dentistry is committed to recruiting a diverse student body. Fee waivers for the NYU College of Dentistry supplemental application fee are granted based on one of the following criteria:
- Financial hardship
- U.S. military members / U.S. veterans
- Teach for America alumni
To request an application fee waiver for the DDS program, please submit a request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org at the time of your application.
The request should include your full name and program for which you are applying, along with the following documents:
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) for financial hardship, or
- Documentation of service if you meet the other criteria
If you have been out of school and do not have a SAR, you may send a copy of your most recent tax return (form 1040). Please include all pages and schedules of the tax form. We will notify you via email once your request for an application fee waiver has been approved.