Dental Hygiene AAS Advanced Standing Track
The Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Degree Program in Dental Hygiene is comprised of lecture courses in dental and health sciences along with clinical and hands-on experience. Dental hygiene students are prepared to perform competently in providing preventive and therapeutic patient oral health care. The dental hygiene program at NYU College of Dentistry allows students to work side by side with dental (DDS) students, dental faculty, and dental hygiene faculty in the clinical portion of the curriculum. By working in these clinical settings with culturally diverse patients, dental hygiene students gain invaluable knowledge and experiences.
New this year, NYU Dentistry offers an accelerated degree track within its dental hygiene program for advanced students, creating a path for dentists with international dental degrees who want to pursue careers in dental hygiene. Students will earn an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in dental hygiene in the 12-month program. Pre-testing and a 5-week practicum are required before enrollment into the program.
AAS Advanced Standing Track Admission Requirements
- 500-word personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- International dental degree
- TOEFL score ≥ 100
- Passing score on Integrated National Board Dental Examination (INBDE)
- Interview with Admissions Officer
- Established United States residency
- ECE: Please submit an official course-by-course evaluation reviewed by Educational Credential Evaluators. Courses are then considered for transfer based upon policy of time, grades, conversion of transfer credit and similar content. Their contact information is listed below.
|Contact Information||Mailing Address||Courier Address|
fax: (414) 289-3411
PO Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470
101 West Pleasant Street, Suite 200
Pass initial testing with grade ≥ 75 - written case study, lab exercise (probe) and wax-up drawing.
Once steps 1 and 2 are completed, students will be enrolled in a 5-week practicum, which costs $1,500. If successful, candidates will be admitted for Summer 2022 enrollment in the Dental Hygiene AAS program.
- Application opens July 1, 2021.
- Step 1 must be completed by November 30, 2021.