Board Review Bootcamp: NBDHE
January 4–24, 2021
Live sessions via Zoom
- January 4, 2021: Orientation (5pm-7pm EST)
- January 5, 2021: Diagnostic Test (5pm-7pm EST)
- January 22, 2021: Unpacking the Questions Session (10am-1pm, 2pm-5pm EST)
- January 23, 2021: Unpacking the Questions Session (10am-1pm, 2pm-5pm EST)
- January 24, 2021: Unpacking the Questions Session (10am-1pm EST), Exit Exam (2pm-4pm EST)
Course fee: $495
Registration deadline: December 18, 2020
- To register, email Toni DePena at email@example.com.
CANCELLATION FEE POLICY
The total course fee payment must be received by Monday, December 28, 2020, or you will be administratively withdrawn from the Board Review Boot Camp course.
- We request that cancellations are made no later than December 28, 2020. Withdrawal requests must be submitted by email notification to firstname.lastname@example.org by the stated deadline in order to receive a 100% refund. No refund will be issued after December 28, 2020.
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION
Register by December 7, 2020 to be entered into a raffle to win Dental Hygiene Decks, a set of over 1,300 individual flash cards formatted with questions on the front and detailed, comprehensive answers and topic reviews on the back — a simple and effective tool to learn and retain knowledge!
This unique board review course is structured to provide participants with valuable insight into the form and content of the National Board of Dental Hygiene Exam (NBDHE). The review is organized according to the test plan and provides interactive reinforcement activities with topic experts.
The course includes 16 on-demand recorded mini-lectures, each 1 hour and 50 minutes in duration, covering all three areas of the NBDHE Discipline-based component (Scientific Basis for Dental Hygiene Practice • Provision of Clinical Dental Hygiene Services • Community Health/Research Principles) and the Case-based component.
The mini lectures are recorded so that participants can watch them repeatedly to learn and review material. The lectures are provided by NYU Dentistry professors, who are content experts in their field, and cover the following topics:
- Head and Neck Anatomy
- Dental Anatomy & Root Morphology/Occlusion
- Oral Histology
- Oral Pathology
- Infection Control and Medical Emergencies
- Biochemistry & Nutrition
- Dental Biomaterials
- Periodontics and Periodontal Instrumentation
- Dental Hygiene Process of Care & Prevention in Clinical Oral Healthcare
- Special Care Needs
- Community Health/Research Principles
A practical activity within this course consists of 3 consecutive days of live Unpacking the Questions sessions. These sessions will cover techniques for breaking down board exam-style, case-based, and practice questions to help students develop a clear understanding of what is being asked and confidence in their response. Students identify the concept(s) associated with each problem and work through the rationale required to answer each question.
This course includes resources such as a diagnostic-type exam that reveals students’ strengths and weaknesses in the NBDHE content and an exit exam (155 questions/short-form simulated board exam) to determine board readiness. There are recorded seminars on study skills and improving memory, a study guide booklet, and time-sensitive access to LMS with chapter quizzes, Board Vitals NBDHE Dental Hygiene Question Bank and Practice Test, and Cerego modules that follow the Darby textbook content. All content is recorded, including the Unpacking the Questions sessions, with three-month (90 days) access to course content.
Included in the course is a study guide booklet created by content experts which includes an outline of key concepts covered in each video mini-review, and a bonus chapter on study skills and memorization. The booklet covers the most important aspects of each topic and can be used as a visually impactful quick-reference tool while studying.