CE Course: Facilitating Team Success: Interprofessional Collaboration in the Care of Patients with Special Needs
Do you ever feel alone and working in a silo? Why is teamwork particularly important in working with special needs patients? What is interprofessional collaboration and how can it help you optimize patient care and improve outcomes?
This course will focus on the roles of various healthcare professionals and their scope of practice when working with special needs patients. You will explore diverse practice models. Additionally, you will focus on communication strategies and tools for effective communication. Increase your knowledge and confidence in working in a healthcare team to improve your care of special needs patients. This course will be helpful to dental professionals in all types of settings – private practice, community, education and more!
Upon completion of this course, the practitioner will be able to:
- Compare and contrast the scope of interprofessional practice and intraprofessional practice in the context of patients with special needs.
- Identify specific features in health professionals’ skill sets that are particularly impactful in collaborative practice.
- Describe diverse practice models that efficiently address patient-centered care for patients with special needs.
- Implement effective communications with health care professionals in a responsive and responsible manner that supports a team approach.
2 live CE credits
Consists of a 1-hour interactive module you can complete at your own pace any time, plus a 1-hour Zoom class session with the instructor to enhance your learning through activities. Online module format includes interactive animations, knowledge-checks, quizzes, online discussions with peers, and interaction between the instructors and participants to guarantee answers to questions.
- Online Module: Facilitating Team Success: Interprofessional Collaboration in the Care of Patients with Special Needs
- Module Release Date: November 29, 2021 (This module must be completed by Monday, December 6, 2021 @ 7:00 pm EST in order to attend the Zoom session)
- Live Zoom Session:
Monday, December 6, 2021: 8:00 - 9:00 pm EST
Course fee: $44
Payments are non-refundable and non-transferable to any other course. However, if a course was registered in error, a refund may be granted. The refund request must be made within 24 hours of registration and emailed to Toni DePena at email@example.com. If any courses are canceled by NYU, a full refund will be given; in that case, students will not need to request a refund. Partial refunds will not be granted for any missed sessions.
This course will be taught by Dr. Andrea Beall, NYU College of Dentistry.
Andrea Beall, RDH, EdD is an Full-Time Clinical Assistant Professor at the NYU College of Dentistry. She teaches both clinical and didactic courses and has published numerous articles and presented at national conferences.
Her focus is on educational health research with a particular interest in motivational interviewing, health literacy, transformational learning, and interprofessional education. She is an active member of the American Dental Education and American Dental Education Association. She has practiced dental hygiene for over 25 years and has worked in Canada, Switzerland, and the United States.
New York University is designated as an approved Provider by the American Academy of Dental Hygiene, Inc. #AADHNYU (January 1, 2021 December 31, 2021). Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial Board of Dentistry.
Online module developed by Andrea Beall, RDH, EdD, New York University College of Dentistry; and Miriam Robbins, DDS, MS, NYU Long Island School of Medicine, NYU Winthrop Hospital Center of Family Dental Medicine.
If you have questions about our CE courses or need assistance, please contact Toni De Pena at firstname.lastname@example.org.