Dental Assisting Certificate Program
Launched in 2017, the Dental Assisting Certificate Program is a highly selective, 6-month, tuition-free program. The goal of the program is to provide highly motivated, un- or underemployed individuals who may be NYU Dentistry patients with the skills necessary to embark on a career as a chairside dental assistant. The program includes all core courses in short modules taught by expert faculty from the College’s Department of Dental Hygiene & Dental Assisting alongside clinical faculty and DDS students in the Group Practices and specialty care clinics.
Only 6 applicants are admitted for each 6-month cycle, and the program is by referral only.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Proof of high school degree completion via high school official transcript or GED scores.
- Two letters of recommendation. One letter may be submitted by the referrer.
- A 500-word statement of interest.
- For international students, a TOEFL test is required.
- Candidates must be available full-time, 5 days a week, for the entire 6-month program.
The program is offered twice annually, in the fall and spring of each year.
For more information, please contact:
To apply, please contact:
Ms. Crystal Warren