Once you decide to enroll in the Dental Hygiene Program at NYU College of Dentistry, there are a variety of resources and support services available to help you make the most of your academic program.
This page is designed to facilitate your registration process by helping you find what you need when you need it.
- Go to the NYU Information Technology Services (ITS) "Start" page.
- Enter your NetID (found on your acceptance letter), click on the "Start" button and follow the online instructions.
- You will need your date of birth and the University ID number (or N - number, also found on your acceptance letter) assigned to you.
- Sign in to your NYUHome service. NYUHome is a portal of entry for applicants and students to access NYU services online. Your username for your NYUHome account is your NetID, and your password is the one you have created. Please note: your NetID and password are case-sensitive.
The Dental Hygiene Programs at the College of Dentistry encourage students to seek guidance from multiple sources throughout their academic program. Just as no one mentor can fulfill all of a developing professional’s needs, students receive richer advice from multiple advisors.
An assigned faculty advisor remains with you throughout your stay in the Dental Hygiene Program. S/he provides guidance in course registration to keep you on schedule of your expected date of graduation. You can view contact information of your advisor through the ALBERT Student Center.
Planning your class schedule is essential in calculating the number of credits you are taking with financial aid planning. If you are a transfer student, you would need to review your Transfer Credit Form (emailed upon acceptance) and adjust your schedule according to what courses are recommended for transfer.
You will receive an email when your transfer credits have been processed.
As you progress in the curriculum, you will find that certain courses require pre-requisites that must be successfully completed prior to enrollment. By checking the course descriptions at the link below, you will have pre-requisite information for the entire curriculum. Check Course Descriptions
- View step by step guides on using the ALBERT registration system.
- Please also visit the NYU Registration and Scheduling page.
- When registering, please remember to pay close attention to special transfer credit rules applying to Writing and Anatomy & Physiology courses.
- Visit the Admission Requirements page for more information.
When the online registration access period expires, you must manually register for courses by contacting the Dental Hygiene Office and completing a drop/add form - which the Office then forwards to the Office of the Registrar for processing.
It is important to discuss all registration changes in your schedule with a faculty advisor, as this could affect your anticipated graduation year and/or financial aid.
Should it be decided after meeting with your faculty advisor that you must withdraw from a course, you must complete and sign a drop/add form, which the Dental Hygiene Office then forwards to the Office of the Registrar for processing. Remember to keep the dates in mind when dropping/withdrawing from courses.