- Update on Educational Visits and Observership Opportunities During the COVID Pandemic:
In accordance with NYS Board of Health regulations and University mandates, and in the interest of the health and safety of our entire community, visits to our facility are currently restricted. We invite interested applicants to meet us virtually to learn about our programs.
As soon as it is deemed possible to do so, NYU Dentistry will continue to welcome dentists and dental students who are interested in applying for specialty dental education to visit our programs in person. The visits may be scheduled for a period of one day to a maximum of two days. Visitors to the International Programs at NYU Dentistry may attend lectures/seminars and may observe, but may not participate in direct clinical patient care.
The 2021 application cycle is now available
We look forward to receiving your application to the full-time Advanced Programs for International Dentists at New York University College of Dentistry. The Program will begin on July 1, 2021. The priority deadline to apply is January 31, 2021. Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Applications submitted after the priority deadline will be reviewed based on availability.
Please note the documents listed below needed to complete your application, which can be uploaded directly to the online application. Only complete applications are reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Upon review of complete applications, an interview (Skype or in-person) will be scheduled for qualified application.
- All candidates must have graduated from a dental school outside the USA before starting an international program.
- Preferred minimum of 85 on the TOEFL iBT or 6.5 band score on the IELTS.
- Preferred minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
Create and submit an online application with the following documents:
- A personal statement of 1-2 pages in length. (Why you are applying to this program, include information on your academic background, your career goals and your qualifications)
- Letter of recommendation from a Dean, professor, or supervisor (in English or with a certified English translation)
- A copy of certified English translation of the applicant's dental school diploma
- A copy of certified English translation of the applicant's dental school transcript (listing subjects studied and grades received)
- A course-by-course evaluation by Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE).
This evaluation report provides the US equivalent of each educational credential, including a list of courses studied and grades received.
- A copy of an English Language Test Report
a. TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
b. IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- A non-refundable application fee of $100
The following items are not required, but can be submitted as supplemental documentation in the online application:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Professional Examinations, i.e.: GRE Report
- A high quality, passport size photo of yourself with a white background
- Additional Letters of Recommendation
- NBDE Part I and/or MFD I and II
International Implant Dentistry requires at least 3 years of clinical experience.
International Esthetic Dentistry requires at least 1 year of clinical experience.
International Oral Surgery/RCSI requires at least 2-3 years of clinical experience and passing score on either the MFD I or NBDE I and II
The required 2-3 years of clinical experience can be substituted with 1 year in either the Comprehensive Dentistry or Oral Surgery programs.
*Note: To maintain continuity for all applicants, an internship year is not counted as clinical experience.
Questions: Contact our Admissions Team at email@example.com.
Completion of any of these programs do not qualify participants for a license to practice dentistry in the United States.
For information on our DDS licensure programs, please visit our DDS Programs page.
Further questions? Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for information about tuition, housing, orientation, and more. You may also view our Virtual Information Session to hear more from our team about our programs and how to apply.