Summer Practicum for International Dental Students
The Summer Practicum Program at New York University College of Dentistry is designed for international dental students from universities outside the US who are interested in gaining a US dental education experience with exposure to New York City culture. The Program's activities include a broad range of lectures, pre-clinical and hands-on activities, observations in various specialty clinics, and participation in meetings and discussions with dental faculty and students. Click here to see a sample schedule >>>
About the Program
- Official Program: July 29 – August 9, 2019
- NYU Housing Available: July 28 – August 10, 2019
How to Apply
- You must be a current dental student who has completed at least three years in a non-US dental program.
- You must demonstrate the ability to understand and communicate in English.
*Please note: Those who have completed a dental degree by the Program's start date are not eligible to apply for the Summer Practicum. Instead, consider applying to our full-time Programs for International Dentists.
- Complete the online Summer Program Application Form >>>
- Submit 1 letter of recommendation (in English) from a professor who is familiar with your academic performance.
- Submit a personal statement 1-2 pages in length expressing your interest in joining this program.
- Please also describe your experience in pre-clinical courses and in practicing with high-speed/low-speed on manikins.
- Eligible applicants are required to participate in a Skype interview.
- The priority deadline to apply is by the end of February.
- Accepted participants will receive an official Summer Practicum invitation letter as well as payment instructions by email.
- Participants may be required to obtain a tourist Visa at a US consulate in their country. The acceptance letter can be used as an invitation letter to support your Visa application.
- A non-refundable US $1,000 tuition deposit is due by the date indicated in your acceptance letter.
The final tuition balance is due by June 1.
- US $6,700 - NYU Furnished Housing Option (single room)
- US $6,100 - NYU Furnished Housing Option (shared room)
- US $5,200 - without NYU Housing Option
- Dormitory housing at NYU Palladium Hall, if housing is selected.
- School materials, including pre-clinical kits, lab coats, etc.
- Lunch provided Monday through Friday.
- Reusable $10.00 Metrocard (for subway & public buses in NYC).
- Cultural excursions and social activities.
- Faculty Evaluation Report of student's pre-clinical assignments.
- Certificate of Attendance upon completion of the program.
Dr. Roger Warren is an Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor of Periodontics and Implant Dentistry at the New York University and Program Director for the International Summer Practicum Program.
Dr. Warren received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from New York University in 1968. He spent two years in the Navy as a dental officer stationed at the Marine Corps Recruit Depot in San Diego, California from 1968-1970. He returned to NYU and received his Clinical Certificate in Periodontics in 1973. He opened his practice Limited to Periodontics in Clifton, NJ in 1974. Dr. Warren is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology and is currently an Examiner for the Oral Examination.
In addition to lecturing nationally and internationally, Dr. Warren lectures for the Advanced Program for International Dentists in Comprehensive Dentistry, is a faculty admission interviewer and is currently serving as Chair of the Part-time Faculty Council at NYU Dentistry. He is a member of the American Dental Association, the American Academy of Periodontology, New Jersey Dental Association, Northeastern Society of Periodontists of which he is an officer, and the Passaic County Dental Society of which he is a Past President. He has been named as an Outstanding Dentist by New Jersey magazine for the past 6 years. He has taught at the New York City Technical College in the Dental Hygiene Department. He has been a member of the staff of St. Mary’s Hospital in Passaic, NJ. He has had two recent publications.
For more information about the Summer Practicum, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 998-9317.