Alumni Association Alumni Series
The Alumni Association Alumni Series serves to connect dental professionals and share stories of success. Open to NYU Dentistry alumni, faculty, and friends, each Alumni Series features a guest speaker, followed by a networking cocktail hour. Attendees may also receive 2 or more Continuing Education credits. The Alumni Series are sponsored by the Office of Development and Alumni Relations. For more information on the Alumni Association Series, please contact email@example.com or call (212) 998-9223.
4 CE Credits and a networking reception
A State of New York Department of Health approved Certificate of Completion will be available to all pre-registered participants who attend this program in its entirety and will be awarded on-site.
- This course is open to all dental professionals, including dentists, hygienists and staff.
- This course satisfies annual OSHA update requirements but is not intended to satisfy infection control licensure requirements.
Did you know
NYS law requires that all healthcare professionals, including dentists and hygienists, receive training in infection control and barrier precautions every 4 years with at least an annual update to their infection control office practices.
Dr. Mychajliw will utilize a slide presentation, distribute educational materials and review incidences of infection control non-compliance in both private and institutional settings. A live question and answer session will also be utilized.
- Dental infection control principles and practices.
- Emphasize importance of written policies, procedures and ongoing education and training of dental healthcare personnel.
- Modes of disease transmission and the causes of infection.
- Strategies to prevent occupational exposures to blood and body fluids
- Identify methods to monitor practices and evaluate dental infection control programs.
- Mandatory safety data sheet OSHA changes that went into effect December 1, 2013, with practitioners subject to non-compliance fines as of June 1,2016.
Dr. Peter Mychajliw has an extensive background in providing the best evidence based practice outcomes and comprehensive dental care for medically complex and developmentally disabled patients. He has been practicing with a global vision and interdisciplinary team approach to treatment planning since 1990. He is known for his lectures in dental implants, hospital dentistry, dental materials and infection control/OSHA requirements for dentistry.
Dr. Mychajliw is a NYS Department of Health Licensed Infection Control Trainer and received his DDS degree from NYU College of Dentistry. He currently serves as the Associate Director of the NYU Langone AEGD Program on the NYU Dentistry campus, as well as on the Board of Directors for the NYU Dentistry Alumni Association, Nassau County Dental Society and Greater Long Island Dental Meeting.
NYU College of Dentistry
345 E 24th Street
New York, NY 10010
8:30 am - 1:00 pm
8:30 am - 9:00 am Registration and breakfast
9:00 am - 1:00 pm Presentation
Sunday, January 27, 2019
8:30 am - 1:00 pm
$50 for NYU Dentistry alumni and faculty
$150 for Guests
Complimentary for NYU Dentistry students