The 2022 application is now available!
We continue to accept applications on a rolling basis until the program reaches capacity.
We look forward to receiving your application to the full-time Advanced Programs for International Dentists at New York University College of Dentistry. The Programs will begin on July 1. The priority deadline to apply is January 31, and applications submitted after the priority deadline will be reviewed based on availability.
Please view the sections below to learn about the eligibility and requirements for a complete application. Only complete applications are reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Qualified candidate will be invited for a virtual interview.
Join us at our upcoming admissions webinars to learn more about our programs! You will have the opportunity to speak to an admissions counselor about how to apply and any other questions you have.
View the schedule and sign up below
- All candidates must have graduated from a dental school outside the USA before starting an international program.
- Preferred minimum of 85 on the TOEFL iBT or 6.5 band score on the IELTS.
- Preferred minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
Create and submit an online application with the following documents:
- A personal statement of 1-2 pages in length. (Why you are applying to this program, include information on your academic background, your career goals and your qualifications)
- Letter of recommendation from a Dean, professor, or supervisor (in English or with a certified English translation)
- A copy of certified English translation of the applicant's dental school diploma
- A copy of certified English translation of the applicant's dental school transcript (listing subjects studied and grades received)
- A course-by-course evaluation by Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE).
This evaluation report provides the US equivalent of each educational credential, including a list of courses studied and grades received.
- A copy of an English Language Test Report
a. TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
b. IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- A non-refundable application fee of $100
The following items are not required, but can be submitted as supplemental documentation in the online application:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Professional examinations, i.e.: GRE Report
- A high quality, passport size photo of yourself with a white background
- Additional letters of recommendation
- NBDE and/or MFD I and II
International Implant Dentistry requires at least 3 years of clinical experience.
International Esthetic Dentistry requires at least 1 year of clinical experience.
International Oral Surgery/RCSI requires at least 2 years of clinical experience and a passing score on either the MFD I or NBDE I & II.
The required prior clinical experience can be substituted with 1 year in either the Comprehensive Dentistry or Oral Surgery programs.
*Note: To maintain continuity for all applicants, an internship year is not counted as clinical experience.
Questions: Contact our Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completion of any of these programs do not qualify participants for a license to practice dentistry in the United States. For information on our DDS licensure programs, please visit our DDS Programs page.
Further questions? Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for information about tuition, housing, orientation, and more.