Summer Practicum for International Dental Students
The Summer Practicum at NYU College of Dentistry is designed for international dental students who are interested in gaining exposure to a US educational experience, while exploring all that New York City has to offer. View a sample schedule of the two-week program here.
The Program's broad range of activities include:
- Lectures from world-renowned faculty
- Pre-clinical and hands-on training
- Observe live surgeries and procedures
- Formal and informal interactions with faculty and current students
- Social outings
How to Apply
- You must be a current dental student with at least three years completed in a non-US dental program.
- You must demonstrate the ability to understand and communicate in English.
*Please note: Those who have completed a dental degree by the Program's start date are not eligible to apply for the Summer Practicum. Instead, consider applying to our full-time Programs for International Dentists.
- Complete the online Summer Program Application Form.
- Submit 1 letter of recommendation (in English) from a professor who is familiar with your academic performance.
- Submit a personal statement 1-2 pages in length expressing your interest in joining this program, your experience in pre-clinical courses and in practicing with high-speed/low-speed on manikins, and your future goals.
- Eligible applicants may be requested to participate in a virtual interview.
The priority deadline to apply is April 15, 2022.
- Accepted participants will receive an official Summer Practicum invitation letter as well as payment instructions by email.
- Participants may be required to obtain a B1/B2 tourist visa at a US consulate in their country. The acceptance letter can be used as an invitation letter to support your Visa application.
- A non-refundable US $1,000 tuition deposit is required in order to secure your position in the program. The deposit due date and final tuition balance due will be indicated in your acceptance letter.
- US $6,700 - NYU Furnished Housing Option (single room)
- US $6,100 - NYU Furnished Housing Option (shared room)
- US $5,200 - without NYU Housing Option
- Dormitory housing at NYU Summer Dormitory Housing, if housing is selected.
- School materials, including pre-clinical kits, lab coats, etc.
- Faculty Evaluation Report of student's pre-clinical assignments.
- Certificate of Attendance upon completion of the program.
- Lunch or lunch vouchers on certain days of the program.
- Cultural excursions and social activities.
Dr. Roger Warren is an Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor of Periodontics and Implant Dentistry at the New York University and Program Director for the International Summer Practicum Program.
Dr. Warren received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from New York University in 1968. He spent two years in the Navy as a dental officer stationed at the Marine Corps Recruit Depot in San Diego, California from 1968-1970. He returned to NYU and received his Clinical Certificate in Periodontics in 1973. He opened his practice Limited to Periodontics in Clifton, NJ in 1974. Dr. Warren is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology and is currently an Examiner for the Oral Examination.
In addition to lecturing nationally and internationally, Dr. Warren lectures for the Advanced Program for International Dentists in Comprehensive Dentistry, is a faculty admission interviewer and is currently serving as Chair of the Part-time Faculty Council at NYU Dentistry. He is a member of the American Dental Association, the American Academy of Periodontology, New Jersey Dental Association, Northeastern Society of Periodontists of which he is an officer, and the Passaic County Dental Society of which he is a Past President. He has been named as an Outstanding Dentist by New Jersey magazine for the past 6 years. He has taught at the New York City Technical College in the Dental Hygiene Department. He has been a member of the staff of St. Mary’s Hospital in Passaic, NJ. He has had two recent publications.
For more information about the Summer Practicum, please contact us at email@example.com or (212) 998-9317.