Admissions & Application Process
All applicants to the NYU Dentistry Advanced Education Program in Pediatric Dentistry must be graduates of a U.S. or Canadian dental school accredited by the American or Canadian Dental Association and qualify for a New York State license or limited permit.
All applicants must apply through the Postdoctoral Application Support System (PASS). To apply please visit the American Dental Education Association (ADEA) and follow all PASS application deadlines and guidelines.
Applicants must also apply to the Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program MATCH.
Application Deadline and Process
The application deadline is September 15th of each year.
A personal interview will be offered to qualified applicants and is required for consideration for admission.
Please send the following documents to PASS:
- Three (3) letters of recommendation, including the Dean's Evaluation.
- Official dental school transcript.
- National Board Dental Examination Parts I and II (NBDE), or the Integrated Board Dental Examination (INBDE) scores must be reported on the Dean’s Evaluation, or reported directly to PASS from the ADA.
Must pass Part I to be considered for review and pass Part II before joining the program.
- Advanced Dental Admission Test (ADAT) exam is not required.
- A personal essay.
Please send the following documents to NYU Dentistry:
- Email a photo in a .jpg or .jpeg format to Mara Zelaya
Prior to matriculation, all students admitted to NYU Dentistry must complete a criminal background check, the results of which must be satisfactory. Learn more about the process from ADEA PASS.
Correspondence regarding application and admission procedures should be directed to:
Dr. Lauren Feldman
Advanced Education Program in Pediatric Dentistry