Academy of Distinguished Educators
Three new members, two fellows, and one honorary fellow were inducted into the NYU Academy of Distinguished Educators in a virtual ceremony on Friday, September 25, 2020.
This year's inductees are
Dr. James Keenan, Clinical Assistant Professor, Dept. of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, Radiology, and Medicine
This year's fellows inductees are
Honorary Fellow Inductee
The mission of the NYU Academy of Distinguished Educators is to enhance overall teaching at the NYU College of Dentistry and to stimulate excitement among teachers around their intellectual content.
About the Academy
The NYU Academy of Distinguished Educators is an expression of the College's commitment to excellence in teaching, learning, and scholarship. Central to the vision of the Academy is the idea that teaching and learning is fundamental to the core mission of the College and faculty members should be valued for their contributions in this area.
- Advance the art and science of teaching and learning at the College
- Stimulate interest in teaching practice, change, innovation, and scholarship
- Network and collaborate with educators within and beyond the College to share best practices
- Provide mentorship and support to other faculty members
- Function as a think-tank, exploring issues pertaining to teaching and learning
- Encourage teaching excellence by inviting experts to share their perspectives
- Develop venues so that faculty members can present new ideas, methods, and research
- Encourage and fund projects that advance the teaching mission of the College
Academy Chair: Elisabeth Lopez