Information for Parents
We're here to help!
CariedAway focuses on bringing dental care to children in 51 NYC DOE schools.
Like you, your child’s oral health is a top priority to us.
- Cavities on children’s teeth can grow very fast causing pain and infection
- The pain and infection can make it difficult for children to concentrate in class
- Untreated cavities can lead to lower standardized test scores and increase school absences
Our dental care is safe, effective, and is provided at no cost to families.
- No spray. No spatter. No shots. No drilling. No pain.
- Eliminates almost 80% of cavities
- Takes as little as 10 minutes, two times per year.
CariedAway care includes:
- Oral screening
- Tooth-brushing and flossing instruction
- Prevention and treatment: toothbrush cleaning, topical fluoride treatments (fluoride varnish, silver diamine fluoride), sealants, and temporary fillings
- Referral to a dentist for further care, if needed.
- All children are eligible to participate, regardless of insurance coverage or immigration status.
- There is no out-of-pocket expense. If a child does not have insurance, our program will cover the cost of care. The program will charge Medicaid to ensure long-term sustainability.
- Please Register Your Child / Registre a Su Hijo/a to receive dental care..
- PS 020 Anna Silver
- PS 064 Robert Simon
- PS 102 Jacques Cartier
- PS 37 River East Elementary
- PS 200 The James McCune Smith School
- PS 092 Mary McLeod Bethune
- PS 129 John H. Finley Campus School
- PS 125 Ralph Bunche School
- PS 173
- PS/IS 210 Twenty-first Century Academy for Community Leaders
- Amber Charter School I
- PS 157 Grove Hill
- PS 359 Concourse Village Elementary School
- PS 001 The Courtlandt School
- PS 277 Dr. Evelina Lopez Antonetty Children's Literacy Center
- PS 161 Juan Ponce De Leon School
- PS 25 Bilingual School
- Bronx Global Learning Institute for Girls Charter School
- The Bronx Charter School for Children
- PS 304 Early Childhood School
- PS 146 Edward Collins
- PS 069 Journey Prep School
- PS 392 Bronx Delta School
- PS 088 S. Silverstein Little Sparrow School
- PS 170
- PS 35 Franz Siegal
- PS 132 Garret A Morgan
- PS 63 Author's Academy
- PS 204 Morris Heights
- PS 443 The Family School
- PS 007 Milton Fein School
- PS 360
- PS 008 Isaac Varian School
- PS 344 Ampark Neighborhood
- PS 306
- PS 226
- PS/MS 20 P.O. George J. Werdann III
- PS 315 The Lab School
- PS 112 Bronxwood
- PS 357 Young Voices Academy of the Bronx
- PS 021 Philip H. Sheridan
- PS 314 Fairmont Neighborhood School
- PS 458 Samara Community School
- PS 595
- PS 214 The Lorraine Hansberry Academy
- PS 44 David C. Farragut
- PS 196 The Literacy & Arts Academy
- PS 134 George F. Bristow
- PS 046 Edward C Blum
- PS 54 Samuel C. Barnes
Click on the map below. To find a dentist near you type in an address. Click on a blue pin to access their name, address, and phone number. All Bronx County dentists listed (1) accept new patients, (2) see children and, (3) accept Medicaid and CHIP.
For help connecting with a dentist, or if you ever have a question or concern, please call one of our Clinical Team Managers
- Priyanka Sharma, RDH, BA at 212-992-7065
- Catherine McGowan, RDH, BS at 212-998-9622