Cheryline Pezzullo, DDS
Assistant Director for Community-based Programs
Clinical Assistant Professor
Dept. of Cariology and Comprehensive Care
NYU College of Dentistry
137 E 25th Street, 5th floor, New York, NY 10010
- EdD candidate, Health Education, Columbia University Teachers College
- DDS, NYU College of Dentistry
- BS, Cornell University
- NYU Academy of Distinguished Educators, 2022
- Making a Difference Award, New York University, 2020
- Faculty of the Month, NYU College of Dentistry, 2019
- ADEA Emerging Leaders Scholarship, 2018
- President’s Service Award, New York University, 2015
As Assistant Director of Community-based Programs, Dr. Pezzullo is heavily involved in engaging our students through first-hand community outreach programming and rotations in order provide access to care and shine light on the oral health disparities that exist in NYC and worldwide.
Dr. Pezzullo is the co-founder and now co-faculty mentor of NYU College of Dentistry Saturday Academy. Founded in 2012, Saturday Academy is a pipeline program with the two-fold mission of introducing underrepresented minority and low-income high school students to the dental profession as well as helping them navigate the college application process.
Dr. Pezzullo is also the faculty advisor of the NYU Dentistry chapter of the Hispanic Student Dental Association.
- Burns LE, Pezzullo C, Mejia EE. Targeting the pipeline to a diverse dental student body: Saturday Academy at New York University College of Dentistry. J Dent Educ. 2019:83(9):1057-1064.
- Burns LE, Pezzullo C, Dief S, Conde G, Mejia EE. Reimagining the pipeline: Saturday Academy at New York University College of Dentistry goes virtual. J Dent Educ. 2021 Apr 13.
- Burns LE, Pezzullo C, Amable RJ, Mayorga L, Mejia EE. Assessing the pipeline: Perceived barriers to applying to dental school among pipeline program alumni. J Dent Educ. 2020 Sep 10.