Lorel E. Burns, DDS, MS
345 E. 24th Street, Suite 4W, New York, NY 10010
- MS, Clinical Investigation, Concentration in Comparative Effectiveness Research, NYU School of Medicine
- Certificate, Endodontics, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine
- DDS, NYU College of Dentistry
- BA, University of Pennsylvania
Honors / Credentials
- Diplomate, American Board of Endodontics
- Making a Difference Award, New York University, 2020
- Endodontic Educator Fellowship Award, American Association of Endodontists, 2019
- President’s Service Award, New York University, 2013
Research Interests / Professional Overview
Dr. Burns’ research interests include:
- Endodontic treatment outcomes
- Clinician decision-making
- Dental care affordability
Dr. Burns is the co-founder and now co-faculty mentor of NYU College of Dentistry Saturday Academy. Founded in 2012, Saturday Academy is a pipeline program with the two-fold mission of introducing underrepresented minority and low-income high school students to the dental profession as well as helping them navigate the college application process.
Dr. Burns is also the faculty mentor of the NYU Dentistry chapter of the Student National Dental Association.
- NIDCR (2019-2024): K01 DE028591 Root Canal Therapy in Children: Analysis of Disparities and Value
- ADEAGies Foundation (2020-2021): New York University College of Dentistry, Saturday Academy: Lengthening the Pipeline for Program Alumni
Complete listing available on the NYU Health Sciences Library site.