Takanori Suzuki, DDS, PhD
Clinical Assistant Professor
Periodontology and Implant Dentistry
Floor 5W Dental Center, 421 First Avenue
Diplomate, Implantology, International Congress of Oral Implantologists 2013
Fellowship, Implantology, International Congress of Oral Implantologists 2013
Clinical fellowship, Implantology, New York University College of Dentistry 2012
Certificate, Implantology, New York University College of Dentistry 2011
Certificate, Comprehensive Dentistry, New York University College of Dentistry 2009
Fellowship, Implantology, Japan Institute for Advanced Dentistry 2004
PhD, Operative Dentistry, Nippon Dental University College of Dentistry 2004
DDS, Dentistry, Nippon Dental University College of Dentistry 2000
Honors / Credentials
- 11/13-15/2015, First prize for poster presentation, Ceballos LA, Wang WC, Wu HSY, Kim S, Yu P, Suzuki T, Cho SC. The effect of bucco-lingual movement of the teeth on the height of mid-buccal tissue and interproximal papillary tissue. The 18th ICOI Asia-Pacific Section Congress, Poster session. Nov 13-15th 2015. Angkor Wat, Siem Reap, Cambodia.
- 11/13-15/2015, Second prize for poster presentation, Hu GGH, Lagoudis M, Liang MCC, Yu P, Suzuki T, Cho SC. A Novel Ridge Augmentation Technique Utilizing PDLLA as Barrier Membrane, Stabilizing Tacks, and Fixing Screws. Nov 13-15th 2015. Angkor Wat, Siem Reap, Cambodia.
- 05/06-09/2015, First prize on the Postgraduate Clinical Case Presentation. Cicero G, Malta Barbosa J, Suzuki T, El Chaar E. Soft tissue management of a maxillary central incisor tooth restoration with localized aggressive periodontitis: case report. American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, 2015 Scientific Session, Poster session. May 6-9th 2015. San Francisco.
- 05/06-09/2015, First prize on the Material Science Category, Malta Barbosa J, Cicero G, Moghadam M, El Chaar E, Suzuki T, Jahangiri L. Maxillary Single Unit Resin-Bonded Restorations: A Perio/Pros Synergy. American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, 2015 Scientific Session, Poster session. May 6-9th 2015. San Francisco.
- 04/24-26/2013, Second Prize for Clinical Scholarship, "Suzuki T, Clozza E, Engebretson S. The Modified Subpapillary Continuous Sling Suturing Method." NYUCD Clinical and Educational Scholarship Showcase, C6, April 24-26, 2013.
- 04/18-19/2013, Best Pster Presentation Award, "Sousa Menezes M, Asfar M, Suzuki T, Bloom M, Cho SC, Froum S, Engebretson S. Mid-Buccal Tissue Changes Following Immediate Implant Placement and Immediate Provisionalization: A Case Series." NYUCD School Research Day, April 18-19, 2013.
- 07/09/2012, Honors, Suzuki T. "In recognition of his original research presentation at the Academy of Osseointegratiion 2012 and the New York University College of Dentistry Research Day 2012." The Arthur Ashman Department of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry.
- 07/09/2012, Honors, Suzuki T. "In recognition of his inspiring commitment to clinical excellence and willingness to support the program and help his fellow students in the Advanced Program for International Dentists in Implant Dentistry." The Arthur Ashman Department of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry.
- 04/14-15/2011, Honorable Mention, "Suzuki T, Galasso D, Cho SC, Froum S, Bloom M, Engebretson S. Applications and Fabrication of Chair-Side Provisional Restorations Utilizing Acrylic Shell with Alginate Impression." NYUCD School Research Day 2012.
- 02/04/2011, Young Researcher's Award in adhesive dentistry, "Suzuki T. Effect of Er:YAG laser irradiation on bonding reliability of cervical resin composite restorations." Adhesive Dentistry 2011.
Research Interests / Professional Overview
- Staged ridge splitting technique
- A novel approach to manage extended Schneiderian membrane perforation during maxillary sinus augmentation procedure
- Implant placement in maxillary incisive canal, new approach for serial extraction case
- Excess cements in implant dentistry
- Ridge augmentation technique utilizing PDLLA
- Various papilla saving incisions
- Papilla preservation and regeneration
- Utilizing 3-D models for dental implant education
- Utilizing the lateral wall of maxillary sinus as a donor site
Complete listing available on the NYU Health Sciences Library site.
Hu GH, Froum SJ, Alodadi A, Nose F, Paul Yu YC, Suzuki T, Cho SC. A Three-Staged Split Crest Technique - A Case Series for Horizontal Ridge Augmentation in the Atrophic Posterior Mandible. Int J Perio Research Dent. 2016 Submitted for publication.
Froum S, Lagoudis M, Molina Rojas G, Suzuki T, Cho SC. New Surgical Protocol to Create New Inter-implant Papilla: The Preliminary Results of A Case Series. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2016 Mar-Apr;36(2):161-8. doi: 10.11607/prd.2603.
Wang WC, Suzuki T. Utilization of Extracted Teeth as Provisional Restorations Following Immediate Implant Placement - A Case Report. Singapore Dent J. 2015 36():23-28 (# 1878342).
Dagba AS, Mourlaas J, Ochoa Durand D, Suzuki T, Cho SC, Froum SJ. A Novel Approach to Treat Large Schneiderian Membrane Perforation -A Case Series. Int J Dent Oral Health 1(6): doi http://dx.doi.org/10.16966/2378-7090.137
Elkhaweldi A, Rincon Soler C, Cayarga R, Suzuki T, Kaufman Z. Various Techniques to Increase Keratinized Tissue for Implant Supported Overdentures: Retrospective Case Series. Int J Dent. 2015;2015:104903. doi: 10.1155/2015/104903. Epub 2015 Jun 1.
Suzuki T, Pashkova T, Georgantza A, Park N, Cho SC, Froum S, Loomer P. Surgical and restorative education utilizing 3-D printed model. Clinical & Educational Scholarship Showcase;39 2015.
Suzuki T. Problems of excess cement in implant dentistry. Scient. J. Jpn. Inst. Advanc. Dent 20(4): 235 -240 2014 (Article in Japan)
Clozza E, Suzuki T, Engebretson SP. Riabilitazione estetica Full-mouth con matrice dermica acellulare. European Journal of Esthetic Dentistry. 2014 Winter;9(4):468-79. (Article in Italy)
Clozza E, Suzuki T, Engebretson SP. Full-mouth esthetic rehabilitation with acellular dermal matrix. Int J Esthet Dent. 2014 Winter;9(4):468-79.
Clozza E, Suzuki T, Kye W, Horowitz RA, Engebretson SP. Mucogingival volumetric changes after root coveradge with accelluler dermal matrix. Clin Adv Periodontics 2014;4:1-7.
Ochoa D, Dagba A, Suzuki T, Clozza E. Manipulação segurade facetas de porcelana durante seu acondicionamento, transporte e cimentação sobre o prepare. DICAS v3 n2 48-51 2014. (Article in Brazil)
Suzuki T. Dental Situations in United States -Dental School, Dental Education, Dentists-, JICD (International College of Dentists. Japan Section), 2014, Vol. 45, No. 1, 1-6. (Article in Japan)
Clozza E, Suzuki T, Mohajer KA. Tratamento de erupção passiva alterada para melhorar a estética do sorriso. DICAS v3 n1 36-41 2014. (Article in Brazil)
Stuffken M, Clozza E, Suzuki T. Copertura radicolare di recessioni gengivali multiple con innesto di matrice dermica acellulare. Quintessenza Internazionale. September 2013 (Article in Italian)
Clozza E, Suzuki T, Kye W, Horowitz RA, Engebretson S. Mucogingival volumetric changes following root coverage with acellular dermal matrix: a case report. Clinical Advances in Periodontics. June 10 (doi:10.1902/cap.2013.130028) 2013.
Froum S, Cho SC, Suzuki T. Chair-Side Provisional Restorations Utilizing Acrylic Shells and Alginate Impressions. DENTAL LEARNING 1-13 July. 2012.
Eguro T, Aoki A, Maeda T, Takasaki A, Hasegawa M, Ogawa M, Suzuki T, Yonemoto K, Ishikawa I, Izumi Y, Katsuumi I. Energy output reduction and surface alteration of quartz and sapphire tips following Er:YAG laser contact irradiation for tooth enamel ablation. Lasers Surg Med. 41(8):595-604, 2009.
Suzuki T, Nara Y. Effect of Er:YAG laser irradiation on bonding reliability of cervical resin composite restorations. Adhesive dentistry 26(1), 17-29, 2008.
Suzuki T, Nara Y, Tanaka H. Effect of Er:YAG Laser Irradiation on Adhesion of Cervical Resin Composite Restoration. The Japanese Journal of Conservative Dentistry. 48(1): 104-122, 2005
Eguro T, Maeda T, Ishizaka Y, Takahashi K, Suzuki T, Tanaka T, Katsuumi I. Comparison of the Bond Strength of Composite Resin to Er:YAG Laser Irradiated Enamel/Dentin Pre-treated with Various Method. International Congress Series. 1248: 157-159, 2003.