Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
- Lopez EKN, Johnson JH, Cunningham EP, Warshaw J, and Baker EW. A unique and effective method of anatomy education: small group learning with prosected plastinated specimens. Journal of Dental Education. 1-12, 2021. DOI: 10.1002/jdd.12817
- Elena P Cunningham, Devin Edmonds, Laura Stalter, Malvin N Janal, Ring-tailed lemurs (Lemur catta) use olfaction to locate distant fruit, Am J Phys Anthropol, 2021 Feb 24. doi: 10.1002/ajpa.24255
- Cunningham, EP, Unwin S, Response to darting primates: Steps toward procedural and reporting standards. International Journal of Primatology. 39(6), 1017-1021, 2018. DOI: 10.1007/s10764-018-0072-4.
- Cunningham EP, Unwin S, Setchell JM. Darting Primates in the field: A survey of practices and their impact on the primates involved. International Journal of Primatology. 36(5): 894-915, 2015.
- Cunningham EP, Janson CH. Effect of fruit scarcity on use of spatial memory in a seed- predator, Pithecia pithecia. International Journal of Primatology. 34: 808-822, 2013.
- Baker EW, Slott P, Terracio L, Cunningham EP. An innovative method for teaching anatomy. Journal of Dental Education. 77(11): 1498-1807, 2013.
- Cunningham EP, Janson CH. A socioecological perspective on primate cognition, past and present. Animal Cognition. 10: 273-281, 2007.
- Cunningham EP, Janson CH. Integrating information about location and value of resources by white-faced saki monkeys (Pithecia pithecia). Animal Cognition. 10: 293-304, 2007.
- Cunningham EP, Janson CH. Pithecia pithecia’s behavioral response to decreasing fruit abundance. American Journal of Primatology. 68: 491-497, 2006.
- Kinzey WG, Cunningham EP. Variability in platyrrhine social organization. American Journal of Primatology. (34) 2: 185-198, 1994.
- Janson CH, Cunningham EP. Special Issue: A Socioecological Perspective on Primate Cognition. Animal Cognition 10, 2007.
- Baker EW, Lopez E, Warshaw J, Cunningham EP, Johnson J. Anatomy of the Head and Neck: An Essential Textbook. (Under contract with Thieme Medical Publishing, Inc.)
- Cunningham EP, Harrison-Levine A, Norman R. Finding the Balance: Optimizing predator avoidance and food encounters through individual positioning in Pithecia pithecia during travel. In Evolutionary Biology and Conservation of Titis, Sakis and Uacaris, Studies in Biological and Evolutionary Anthropology. Editors: Liza Veiga, Adrian Barnett, Marilyn Norconk, Steve Ferrari. Cambridge University Press, pp 272-276, 2013.