Fall of 2023 achievements
- Congratulations to Lin Yung hung for her oral presentations at APS and the international serotonin meeting!
- Congratulations to Taeseon woo for receiving a fellowship from the New York University Provost's Postdoctoral Fellowship Program!
- Congratulations to Sarah najjar, lin Hung, and Zixing huang for their co-authorship in a Cell Stem Cell paper (https://www.cell.com/cell-stem-cell/pdf/S1934-5909(23)00040-1.pdf) in collaboration with Lorenz Studer's laboratory!
- Congratulations to Sarah najjar for her accepted review, "Serotonergic Control of the Gastrointestinal Tract in Health and Disease" in the journal of comprehensive physiology!
- Congratulations to Lin hung for her co-authorship in Nano Letters (doi: 10.1021/acs.nanolett.2c02306) with the laboratory of Kam Leong!
- Congratulations to Alexa Boylan for her receipt of the AGA-Aman Armaan Ahmed Family Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship!
- Congratulations to Melissa Medina for her receipt of the NASPGHAN Summer student fellowship!
Summer of 2022 Lab Achievements
- Congratulations to Lin Hung, PhD and Sarah Najjar, PhD on their selection to attend the “Little Brain Big Brain” meeting in Germany!
- Congratulations to Lin Hung, PhD on the 2022 award at the NYU Research Day!
- Congratulations to Sarah Najjar, PhD on the 2022 awarding of her F32 and her NIH LRP Awards!
- Congratulations to Andrew Del Colle, MS on his 2022 research grants from NASPGHAN and the AOA!
- Super Doctors
- Dr. Kara Gross Margolis Named Associate Director for Clinical and Translational Research and Director for Brain Gut Research at the NYU Pain Research Center
- Dr. Margolis’ recent appearance on “The Doctors” where she discusses GI problems in Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Dr. Kara Margolis was featured in a 2022 issue of Men’s Health; “Six Common Causes of an Unhappy Gut”
- In Autism, the Importance of the Gut, The Atlantic
- Dr. Margolis' research was profiled in the NIEHS newsletter, “The Environmental Factor”
- Spectrum News: “After 60 years, scientists are still trying to crack a mysterious serotonin-autism”
- “Are Diagnosticians Chasing COVID-Linked Zebras and Missing Horses?”
- The work of Dr. Margolis and colleagues was featured on Medpage Today (Medscape) for “GI Issues in Kids with COVID-19 MIS-C May Muddy Diagnosis”
- Dr. Margolis was featured in an article for everydayhealth.com; “8 Natural remedies for IBS”
- Dr Margolis was featured in an article from everydayhealth.com; “Is IBS Ruining Your Sex and Dating Life”
- “Your Golden Gut”; featured in Men’s Health Australia.
- Dr. Margolis was Interviewed for and article in Fast track Magazine; “We asked an expert if that stomach-turning condition in ‘Knives Out’ actually exists”
- An interview on Medpage today for “The Challenge of IBS in Teens Link
- Dr. Margolis was cited in Forbes “How Much Does The Bacteria In Our Bodies Influence Our Behavior?”; September 20, 2016
- Dr. Margolis and colleagues’ research cited in Science Daily, “Gastrointestinal problems in autism may originate in genes, study suggests”
- Kara Margolis discusses gut neurotransmitters and diet for Autism advocate Parenting magazine (PDF)