Staci L Ripkey, EdD, EdM, MA
Student Affairs & Academic Support Services
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Cariology and Comprehensive Care; Epidemiology & Health Promotion
433 First Avenue, Student Services Suite (1st floor)
EdD, Higher & Postsecondary Education, Columbia University
EdM, Organization & Leadership, Columbia University
MA, Higher Education Administration, New York University
- Noumair, D.A., Shani, R.A.B., Ripkey, S. (2017). "Research Trajectories in Organization Change and Development: Conversations with ROCD 25 Authors" Academy of Management Annual Meeting: Atlanta, GA.
- Ripkey, S., McMurray, A., Petersen, S., Xirao-Probert, P., (2016). "Connect, Engage, Retain: Responding to the Shifting Expectations of Today’s Young Professionals" American Dental Association (ADA) Board of Trustees Annual Retreat, New Orleans, LA. *Keynote Presentation
- Ripkey, S., McMurray, A., Morano, M., Xirao-Probert, P., (2016). "Changes in Expectations Drive Changes in Institutions" American Dental Education Association Fall Meeting, Sponsored Program: Houston, TX.
- Spielman, A., Ripkey, S., and Treat, T. (2015). "Retention Rescue: Student Support Services & Best Practices" American Dental Education Association Fall Meeting, Sponsored Program: Chicago, IL.
- Ripkey, S. (2015). "Leading Change in Higher Education." CUNY Division of Student Affairs: New York, NY *Keynote Speaker
- Ripkey, S. (2015). "Thinking Strategically about Your Professional Future." Stony Brook University Professional Development Conference; Stony Brook University, New York, NY. *Keynote Speaker
RESEARCH INTERESTS / PROFESSIONAL OVERVIEW
- Organizational Change & Institutional Leadership
- Teaching & Learning in Higher Education
- Student Retention & Success
Ripkey, S. L. (2017). Organizational Change & Ambidexterity in Higher Education: A case study of institutional merger. In A. B. Shani & D. A. Noumair (Eds.), Research in organizational change and development (Volume 25). Research in Organizational Change and Development. Bingley, UK: Emerald Group Publishing, Limited.
Ripkey, S. L. (2016). Institutional Merger in American Higher Education: A Case Study Exploring Considerations for Theory and Practice (Order No. 10119704). Available from ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global. (1795570263). Retrieved from ProQuest.
Co-investigator: "Growing Faculty Success in Community-Based Educational Settings." HRSA Grant – Health Resources and Services Administration; PI: C. Chinn (2016-2021).
Yousey, K., Richter, D., & Ripkey, S. (2011) "ACPA Sustainability Task Force: Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Materials Guidebook," ACPA College Student Educators International.
Yousey, K., Richter, D. & Ripkey, S. (November/December 2010) "What are Students Learning About Sustainability?," About Campus, Volume 15, Issue 3.
Hinkle, S. & Hersh, S. (2007), "Facebook and the First-Year Experience: Educating and Empowering Student Responsibility," StudentAffairs.com Ejournal. Volume IX.
Hersh, S. (2007), "Reflections from the Joint Meeting," The Eighth Vector, Volume IV, Issue I.
Hersh, S. (2006), "Exploring a New Dimension of College Student Retention: Supporting Undergraduate Leaves of Absence," The Journal of Student Affairs at New York University, Volume III.
Boice-Pardee, H., Ardizzone, K., & Hersh, S. (2006) "Senior Survival: Preparing for the Journey After College" National Resource Center for the First-Year Experience and Students in Transition: E-SOURCE for College Transitions.