Yasmi O. Crystal, DMD
Adjunct Clinical Professor
Floor 9W Dental Center, 421 First Avenue
DMD, Dentistry, UMDNJ 1986
Pediatric Dentistry, Eastman Dental Center, University of Rochester 1982
- Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Examiner for the written and oral Board Certification Exams
- Editorial Board member of Pediatric Dentistry Journal and Revista de Odontopediatria Latinoamericana
- Manuscript Reviewer for JADA
- Member of AAPD's Council of Scientific Affairs
- Representative of Nations for the US on the Board of the International Association of Pediatric Dentistry
- Chair of the Scientific Committee of IAPD
- Chair of Prevention Subcommittee of ADA's Council of Access, Prevention and Inter-professional Relations (CAPIR)
- Abstract Reviewer for AAPD, IAPD, AADR, IADR, on topics of pediatric dentistry
RESEARCH INTERESTS / PROFESSIONAL OVERVIEW
Cariology, Prevention, Early Childhood Caries and its clinical management, Delivery of Care (behavioral and cultural issues), Translational Research
Dr. Crystal maintains a clinical pediatric dental practice that includes an orthodontic specialist, in-hospital services (RWJMC), and in-office conscious and IV sedation.
Complete listing available on the NYU Health Sciences Library site.
Ramos Gomez FJ, Crystal YO, Domejean S, Featherstone JDB. Minimal Intervention dentistry: part 3: Pediatric Dental Care: Prevention and Management protocols by caries risk assessment for infants and young children. British Dental Journal 213, 501-508. Nov 2012.
Crystal YO, Creasey JL, Robinson L, Ramos-Gomez FJ, Successful business Models for implementation of caries management by risk assessment in private practice settings. California Dental Association Journal, November 2011, 795-805.
Ramos Gomez FJ, Crystal YO, Domejean S, Featherstone JDB. Prevention et prise en charge de la maladie carieuse basees sur l'evaluation du risque Chez les jeunes enfants. Realites Cliniques Vol 22, No 3 pp. 141-156, Oct. 2011.
Ramos Gomez FJ, Crystal Yasmi O, Ng Man Wai, Tinanoff N, Featherstone JDB. Caries risk assessment,prevention, and management in pediatric dental care. Academy of General Dentistry Journal, Nov/Dec 2010, 505-512.
Crystal, Yasmi O, Houpt M. The Pediatrician's Role In The Improvement Of Oral Health Of Young Children. New Jersey Pediatrician. Fall issue 2010; pp.11-12. accessed 10/15/2010.
Ramos Gomez FJ, Crystal Yasmi O, Ng Man Wai, Crall JJ, Featherstone JDB. Pediatric Dental Care: Prevention and Management Protocols based on Caries Risk Assessment. California Dental Journal, Vol 30, No 10. Oct 2010.