Resuming Patient Care Services
We Look forward to welcoming you back!
Effective Monday, June 29, 2020, NYU College of Dentistry has resumed providing Urgent Care services to our patients in a phased-in manner and by appointment only. While we are trying to see all those with urgent needs as soon as possible, circumstances may require us to modify or defer certain treatments that pose a high risk.
In order to ensure the health and safety of our entire community, please note these important changes to our procedures:
Face coverings are required at all times in NYU Dentistry buildings.
Patients should arrive at appointments alone, unless the accompaniment of one caregiver/parent/guardian is necessary.
- As part of our gradual, phased-in approach to resuming patient care services, we must limit occupancy levels in our buildings. So until further notice, we will not be allowing visitors to enter the College, unless their presence as a caregiver of a patient is required.
TO ACCESS URGENT CARE SERVICES:
First, call NYU Dentistry Urgent Care: 212-998-9660.
- Hours: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. If you call after hours, please leave a message.
- A Telehealth specialist will take your information and direct it to one of our Telehealth providers, who will call you back and discuss your urgent dental issue with you and determine whether an in-person dental visit is required.
- A video call or submission of photo(s) to help diagnose your needs may be suggested.
- If an in-person visit is needed, a tentative appointment will be scheduled.
Within 24 hours of your scheduled tentative appointment, a Telehealth specialist will call you to be prescreened for your in-person visit.
- Upon successfully completing the prescreening process — which will involve answering a few COVID-19-related questions — your in-person appointment to be seen at NYU Dentistry will be confirmed.
- If you do not successfully complete the prescreening process, your tentative appointment will be cancelled, and you may be asked to visit your primary health care provider and/or get a COVID-19 test.
When you arrive at NYU Dentistry, your temperature will be checked and you will be asked screening questions.
- Upon successful completion of the screening process, you will be asked to check-in at the designated Patient Check-in area.
- If you do not successfully complete the screening process, you may be asked to visit your primary health care provider.
When going to your appointment at the designated treatment area, please be respectful of others and maintain appropriate social distance.
- Please be sure to limit elevator occupancy to no more than 4 people.
- You will see Health & Safety Reminders throughout our buildings, and your cooperation in following the guidance is appreciated!