NYU Center for Skeletal and Craniofacial Biology
The mission of the Center is to raise the tempo of research into diseases which affect craniofacial development and the skeleton leading to new knowledge, resulting in improving and new treatments for these diseases. The Goals of the Center are:
- Recruit new faculty in skeletal and craniofacial biology
- Increase collaborative and scientific interactions between all members of the Center and the University
- Publish increased numbers of high impact papers
- Submit NIH instrumentation grants for the Center
- Oversee the use of Core facilities of the Center
- Mentor junior faculty in successful research
- Pilot funding is awarded annually to members.
- Increase the funding of the members of the Center
- Submit NIH PPG and Center applications to support the Center
- Engage members in clinical trials and obtain patents and patent income
Founding Director: Nicola C. Partridge, PhD
Internal Advisory Board
- Nigel Bunnet, PhD
- Alesha Castillo, PhD
- Paulo Coelho, PhD
- Thorsten Kirsch, PhD
- Philipp Leucht, MD, PhD
- Xin Li, PhD
- Paolo Mignatti, MD
- Jose Raya, PhD
- Daniel Rifkin, PhD
External Advisory Board
- James Iatridis, Mount Sinai Icahn School of Medicine
- Vicky Rosen, Harvard School of Dental Medicine
- Steven Teitelbaum, Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis
CSCB Bone Seminar Series
The Bone Seminar Series is held in conjunction with the NYU-HHC Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI). The goals are to:
- Provide an opportunity for members to present their research to the community.
- Provide an opportunity for guests to share their research with members.
- Foster collaborations between members and the research community as a whole.
Other events occurring at NYU and in the New York City area that may be of interest to the community.