The NYU Dentistry Student Leadership Track
- Friday, April 16 | 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
- Sunday, April 18 | 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Sunday, April 25 | 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Application Deadline: Monday, March 29 at 12:00 noon
Interested in learning more? Please register to attend an Information Session:
This year's Virtual Leadership Retreat will engage participants in working with teams on a Leadership Case Study Challenge that will be presented to senior leaders during the program's third session on April 25th. Participants will have the opportunity to gain and refine skills in leadership communication, presentation, public speaking, and organizational change through interactive workshops and lectures taking place over the three Virtual Retreat dates below. Further, students who participate in the Virtual Retreat will gain the following:
- Certificate of Completion of the 2021 Virtual Student Leadership Retreat
- High consideration for attendance at future Leadership Retreats
- Professional and leadership development to be included on your future resume
- The opportunity to gain and refine skills in leadership communication, presentation, public speaking, and organizational change
- The opportunity to collaborate with students from across the network with people in various academic programs at the College
The requirements to participate in the 2021 Virtual Retreat will be based on the following
- Must be enrolled in an academic program at the College of Dentistry (DDS, Dental Hygiene, Master’s, Postgraduate, or Advanced Programs for International Dentists)
- The strongest applicants will have attended one or more Leadership Track Workshops in the Spring 2021 semester
The Office of Student Affairs & Academic Support Services is dedicated to providing students at the NYU College of Dentistry with intensive leadership training through a series of interactive workshops within The NYU College of Dentistry Student Leadership Track.
This program seeks to equip dental students with the skills, tools, and leadership capacities to effectively lead their peers today, and the dental community into the future.
Deriving from the Leadership Capacities and Competencies developed by the NYU Leadership Initiative, the NYU Dentistry Student Leadership Track provides students the opportunity to explore personal strengths, think critically about how to lead others, develop techniques to facilitate interpersonal collaboration, and proactively envision and articulate a new future for the dentistry profession. The NYU Dentistry Student Leadership Track culminates in an opportunity for students to apply for the three-day off-site Leadership Retreat focused on advanced leadership theory and application. This leadership intensive challenges students through individual reflection and explores the impacts of leadership on the dentistry profession.
Spring 2021 Leadership Track and Virtual Retreat
This semester, we are excited to offer a selection of skills-based leadership programs, which will culminate in the opportunity to apply and attend the 2021 Virtual Leadership Retreat. Our leadership track will kick-off with the Dean’s Lecture: Speaking and Writing with Impact, presented by Dean Charles Bertolami. Following our opening lecture, we are happy to offer The Art of Negotiation, presented by Dean Michael O’Connor. Our skills-based sessions will conclude with Leading Through Change, presented by Dean Staci Ripkey. Please see the full schedule below for more information about these sessions and to RSVP.
Spring 2021 Leadership Track Sessions
Executive Vice Dean
- Rescheduled: TBD
Associate Dean for Student Affairs & Academic Support Services
- Thursday, March 11