- Patient Registration Form - English/Spanish (PDF)
- Patient Registration Form - English/Chinese (Traditional) (PDF)
- Patient Registration Form - English/Chinese (Simplified) (PDF)
- Proof of Identification: License, State-Issued ID, or Passport.
- Proof of Address: License, State-Issued ID, or a Bill in the Patient's Name.
*For children's dentistry (pediatrics) please visit the Pediatric
Dentistry page, as different documents are needed.
We Look forward to welcoming you back!
NYU College of Dentistry has resumed providing care to our patients, by appointment only. While we are trying to see all those with urgent needs as soon as possible, circumstances may require us to modify or defer certain treatments that pose a high risk.
In order to ensure the health and safety of our entire community, please note these important changes to our procedures:
Face coverings are required at all times in NYU Dentistry buildings.
Patients should arrive at appointments alone, unless the accompaniment of one caregiver/parent/guardian is necessary.
- As part of our gradual, phased-in approach to resuming patient care services, we must limit occupancy levels in our buildings. So until further notice, we will not be allowing visitors to enter the College, unless their presence as a caregiver of a patient is required.
To Schedule an Appointment
First, call NYU Dentistry: 212-998-9800.
- Hours: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. If you call after hours, please leave a message.
- A representative will schedule a tentative appointment upon discussion of your dental needs.
Within 24 hours of your scheduled tentative appointment, a representative will call you to be prescreened for your in-person visit.
- Upon successfully completing the prescreening process — which will involve answering a few COVID-19-related questions — your in-person appointment to be seen at NYU Dentistry will be confirmed.
- If you do not successfully complete the prescreening process, your tentative appointment will be cancelled, and you may be asked to visit your primary health care provider and/or get a COVID-19 test.
When you arrive at NYU Dentistry, your temperature will be checked and you will be asked screening questions.
- Upon successful completion of the screening process, you will be asked to check-in at the designated Patient Check-in area.
- If you do not successfully complete the screening process, you may be asked to visit your primary health care provider.
When going to your appointment at the designated treatment area, please be respectful of others and maintain appropriate social distance.
- Please be sure to limit elevator occupancy to no more than 4 people.
- You will see Health & Safety Reminders throughout our buildings, and your cooperation in following the guidance is appreciated!
LOCATION / CONTACT US
The NYU College of Dentistry is located at 345 E. 24th Street (corner of First Avenue) in Manhattan.
Patient appointment hours are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
Emergency Services/Urgent Care appointments also available on Saturdays.
- To schedule your first appointment, please call 212-998-9800.
- To schedule an appointment with Emergency Services/Urgent Care, please call 212-998-9458.
- For patient-related questions, please email our Patient Advocacy team at email@example.com.
- Conveniently located in Downtown Brooklyn's City Point, a mixed use commercial and residential complex.
- Appointments are now being scheduled.
Quality, affordable, comprehensive patient care is provided for all ages and all dental needs — all under one roof:
- General Dentistry: Comprehensive care and dental hygiene covering all phases of dentistry. Please call 212-998-9800 to speak with a representative from General Dentistry.
- Emergency Services/Urgent Care: Urgent care for patients with pain, excessive bleeding, swelling, oral infection and/or trauma. *Please note that as of June 29, 2020, appointments for Urgent Care are required. Please call 212-998-9458 for Urgent Care.
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery: Surgical extraction of teeth and removal of diseased tissue. Services provided include surgical treatment of injuries and developmental malformations of the mouth, jaws, and related facial structures. Please call 212-998-9660 to speak with a representative from Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, who will guide you through the processes for patient care.
- Pediatric Dentistry: Pediatric dental treatment and disease prevention for children up to 14 years of age, with special facilities for newborns and infants. Services provided include sealants, fluoride treatment, athletic mouth guards, fillings, and space maintainers. Please call 212-998-9650 to schedule appointments for children.
- Orthodontics: A wide range of treatment is provided for children, adolescents, and adults who need braces. Please call 212-998-9514 to speak with a representative from Orthodontics, who will guide you through the processes for patient care.
- Implant Dentistry: Procedures for dental implants provided. Please call 212-992-7040 to speak with a representative from Implant Dentistry, who will guide you through the processes for patient care.
- Endodontics: Root canal procedures and other endodontic issues are provided. Please call 212-998-9677 to speak with a representative from Endodontics, who will guide you through the processes for patient care.
- Periodontics: A wide range of treatment is provided for patients with gum disease. Please call 212-992-7040 to speak with a representative from Periodontics, who will guide you through the processes for patient care.
- Prosthodontics: Procedures for patients requiring crowns and bridges are provided. Please call 212-998-9518 to speak with a representative from Prosthodontics, who will guide you through the processes for patient care.
- Special Needs: The NYU Dentistry Oral Health Center for People with Disabilities provides sensitive, essential care for individuals whose disability or disabilities prevent them from being treated in a conventional dental setting. Please call 212-998-9988 to schedule an appointment.
- Aesthetic Dentistry: The Rosenthal Institute for Aesthetic Dentistry features current and emerging techniques in aesthetic dentistry in a setting that combines the look and feel of the finest private dental practices in New York City. Please call 212-998-9837 to speak with a representative from Aesthetic Dentistry, who will guide you through the processes for patient care.
PAYMENT & FEES
Since NYU Dentistry focuses primarily on education and research, we are able to offer our services at lower fees than the cost of comparable procedures at most private practices in the area. Diagnosis and treatment is provided by dental students under the supervision of NYU College of Dentistry faculty.
Payment for services is due at the beginning of each visit or prior to treatment completion for procedures requiring multiple appointments. Acceptable payment methods include cash, personal checks, money orders, credit card (Visa, AmEx, MasterCard, or Discover), many Flexible Spending Account (FSA) cards, and New York State Medicaid.
NYU College of Dentistry provides care under the State of New York Medicaid Managed Care Programs. For a complete list, please visit our Insurance/Medicaid Information page. >>>
Payment can be made in person or online via the Online Patient Bill Payment system. >>>
I am writing to you to express my complete satisfaction with the level of dental care that I have been receiving from my student dentist, Ms Kavita Patel. She has a most pleasing personality and is very respectful to a 74-year-old.
I feel very comfortable when she is examining and cleaning my teeth; she inspires trust. Her chair-side manner is very reassuring and her handling of dental instruments is very gentle. I appreciate that she keeps in touch with the faculty periodontist, Dr. Kye, and together they keep me abreast of the best plan for my dental health. She updates him whenever necessary. She also has Dr. Kye check her work before ending my appointment.
In my opinion she is already an outstanding dental practitioner. I still have one year left under her care, until she graduates, and will continue to enjoy that special care.