- Patient Registration Form - English/Spanish (PDF)
- Patient Registration Form - English/Chinese (Traditional) (PDF)
- Patient Registration Form - English/Chinese (Simplified) (PDF)
- Proof of Identification: License, State-Issued ID, or Passport.
- Proof of Address: License, State-Issued ID, or a Bill in the Patient's Name.
*For children's dentistry (pediatrics) please visit the Pediatric
Dentistry page, as different documents are needed.
We look forward to seeing you!
NYU College of Dentistry is providing care to our patients, by appointment only. While we aim to see all those with urgent needs as soon as possible, circumstances may require us to modify or defer certain treatments that pose a high risk.
In order to ensure the health and safety of our entire community, please note these important changes to our procedures:
Face coverings are required at all times in NYU Dentistry buildings.
Patients should arrive at appointments alone, unless the accompaniment of one caregiver/parent/guardian is necessary.
- As part of our gradual, phased-in approach to resuming patient care services, we must limit occupancy levels in our buildings. So until further notice, we will not be allowing visitors to enter the College, unless their presence as a caregiver of a patient is required.
To Schedule an Appointment
First, call NYU Dentistry: 212-998-9800.
- Hours: Monday–Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. If you call after hours, please leave a message.
- A representative will schedule a tentative appointment upon discussion of your dental needs.
Within 72 hours of your scheduled tentative appointment
- Upon successfully completing the prescreening process — which will involve answering a few COVID-19-related questions — your in-person appointment to be seen at NYU Dentistry will be confirmed.
- On the morning of your dental appointment, you will receive a link via your preferred method of appointment reminders (either via text message or email) that will provide you with a daily Building Access Confirmation notification.
When you arrive at NYU Dentistry:
- You must show your Building Access Confirmation notification at the Patient check-in area.
- Your temperature will be checked and you will be directed to the appropriate treatment area.
- If you do not have a Building Access Confirmation, a Patient Service Representative will be able to assist you.
- If you do not successfully complete the screening process, you may be asked to visit your primary health care provider.
When going to your appointment at the designated treatment area, please be respectful of others and maintain appropriate social distance.
- Please be sure to limit elevator occupancy to the maximum number of people indicated on signs posted in the building and within each elevator car.
- You will see Health & Safety Reminders throughout our buildings, and your cooperation in following the guidance is appreciated!
Location / contact us:
** PLEASE NOTE: The entrance for all patients has been moved to 338 East 25th St. (between 1st Ave. and 2nd Ave.) in order to accommodate our updated screening and entry procedures. Until further notice, the East 24th St. entrance will not be open to patients.**
Patient appointment hours are Monday – Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- To schedule your first appointment, please call 212-998-9800.
- To schedule an appointment with Emergency Services/Urgent Care, please call 212-998-9458.
Now open in Brooklyn!
- Conveniently located in Downtown Brooklyn's City Point, a mixed use commercial and residential complex.
- Please call 646-997-4300 to schedule an appointment at NYU Dentistry Brooklyn Patient Care.
Quality, affordable, comprehensive patient care is provided for all ages and all dental needs — all under one roof:
- General Dentistry: Comprehensive care and dental hygiene covering all phases of dentistry. Please call 212-998-9800 to speak with a representative from General Dentistry.
- Emergency Services/Urgent Care: Urgent care for patients with pain, excessive bleeding, swelling, oral infection and/or trauma. *Please note that appointments for Urgent Care are now required. Please call 212-998-9458 for Urgent Care.
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery: Surgical extraction of teeth and removal of diseased tissue. Services provided include surgical treatment of injuries and developmental malformations of the mouth, jaws, and related facial structures. Please call 212-998-9660 to speak with a representative from Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, who will guide you through the processes for patient care.
- Oral Medicine & Pathology: Care is provided to patients with a range of complaints including, but not limited to, abnormal swellings involving the head and neck (jaw/oral region), oral sores or lumps and bumps inside the mouth, severe dry or burning mouth or other neurosensory disorders, and abnormal/pathological x-ray findings unrelated to common dental issues. Imaging, tissue biopsies and other chairside diagnostics are employed to treat patients with oral mucosal diseases, salivary gland disorders, and other diseases affecting the jaws and oral structures. Please call 212-998-9743.
- Orofacial & Head Pain: Highly specialized diagnostic and treatment modalities for complex orofacial pain disorders are provided. Acute and chronic pain disorders such as temporomandibular disorders (TMD, TMJ), musculoskeletal disorders, neuropathic (nerve) disorders such as trigeminal neuralgia and post-traumatic neuropathies, headache, movement disorders (dystonia), and sleep apnea are treated. Our specialty trained and board certified clinical faculty bring the highest level of multimodal treatment, care, and pain relief for individuals dealing with these diagnoses. Please call 212-998-9743.
- Pediatric Dentistry: Pediatric dental treatment and disease prevention for children up to 14 years of age, with special facilities for newborns and infants. Services provided include sealants, fluoride treatment, athletic mouth guards, fillings, and space maintainers. Please call 212-998-9650 to schedule appointments for children.
- Orthodontics: A wide range of treatment is provided for children, adolescents, and adults who need braces. Please call 212-998-9514 to speak with a representative from Orthodontics, who will guide you through the processes for patient care.
- Implant Dentistry: Procedures for dental implants provided. Please call 212-992-7040 to speak with a representative from Implant Dentistry, who will guide you through the processes for patient care.
- Endodontics: Root canal procedures and other endodontic issues are provided. Please call 212-998-9677 to speak with a representative from Endodontics, who will guide you through the processes for patient care.
- Periodontics: A wide range of treatment is provided for patients with gum disease. Please call 212-992-7040 to speak with a representative from Periodontics, who will guide you through the processes for patient care.
- Prosthodontics: Procedures for patients requiring crowns and bridges are provided. Please call 212-998-9518 to speak with a representative from Prosthodontics, who will guide you through the processes for patient care.
- Special Needs: The NYU Dentistry Oral Health Center for People with Disabilities provides sensitive, essential care for individuals whose disability or disabilities prevent them from being treated in a conventional dental setting. Please call 212-998-9988 to schedule an appointment.
- Aesthetic Dentistry: The Rosenthal Institute for Aesthetic Dentistry features current and emerging techniques in aesthetic dentistry in a setting that combines the look and feel of the finest private dental practices in New York City. Please call 212-998-9837 to speak with a representative from Aesthetic Dentistry, who will guide you through the processes for patient care.
Payment & Fees
Since NYU Dentistry focuses primarily on education and research, we are able to offer our services at lower fees than the cost of comparable procedures at most private practices in the area. Diagnosis and treatment is provided by dental students under the supervision of NYU College of Dentistry faculty.
Payment for services is due at the beginning of each visit or prior to treatment completion for procedures requiring multiple appointments. Acceptable payment methods include cash, personal checks, money orders, credit card (Visa, AmEx, MasterCard, or Discover), many Flexible Spending Account (FSA) cards, and New York State Medicaid.
NYU College of Dentistry provides care under the State of New York Medicaid Managed Care Programs. For a complete list, please visit our Insurance/Medicaid Information page. >>>
Payment can be made in person or online via the Online Patient Bill Payment system. >>>
I am writing to you to express my complete satisfaction with the level of dental care that I have been receiving from my student dentist, Ms Kavita Patel. She has a most pleasing personality and is very respectful to a 74-year-old.
I feel very comfortable when she is examining and cleaning my teeth; she inspires trust. Her chair-side manner is very reassuring and her handling of dental instruments is very gentle. I appreciate that she keeps in touch with the faculty periodontist, Dr. Kye, and together they keep me abreast of the best plan for my dental health. She updates him whenever necessary. She also has Dr. Kye check her work before ending my appointment.
In my opinion she is already an outstanding dental practitioner. I still have one year left under her care, until she graduates, and will continue to enjoy that special care.