Insurance, Medicaid, and Third-Party Financing Information
The NYU College of Dentistry is an Article 28 contracted provider for dental services covered under the State of New York Medicaid Plans. We therefore accept all patients with straight Medicaid coverage.
In addition, NYU College of Dentistry provides care under the State of New York Medicaid Managed Care and other programs listed below. This includes Medicaid and Child Health Plus Plans, and also many MLTC, FIDA, PACE, Medicare Advantage, Exchange and HARP plans offered through the managed care companies listed below. Please note that certain plans require the patient to elect NYU College of Dentistry as their primary dental care provider. To avoid delays in service, please check with your plan before making an appointment. If you would like to confirm whether the NYU College of Dentistry accepts your plan, please call your plan or call NYU College of Dentistry at 212-998-9800.
- Liberty Dental
- United Healthcare
If you have private insurance
The NYU College of Dentistry welcomes patients with private dental insurance. At this time, we accept only the insurance plans listed below. For all other private insurance, we will assist you with completing the necessary forms to obtain reimbursement from your insurance company.
- Cigna – NYU College of Dentistry participates in Cigna’s DPPO Advantage network
- MetLife PPO plans – NYU College of Dentistry is an out-of-network provider at this time
- Guardian PPO plans – NYU College of Dentistry is an out-of-network provider at this time
NYU College of Dentistry does not accept Medicare.
Third-Party Financing Information
If you are not covered by Medicaid:
- An initial fee of $120 must be paid during registration for patients without Medicaid coverage. Payment can be made via cash, credit card, debit card, or personal check.
- Third-party financing options are available for patients requiring a payment plan. Please visit http://www.carecredit.com/dentistry/ or https://www.lendingclub.com/patientsolutions/ to learn more.
Fees Associated with Emergency Services/Urgent Care
Patients presenting for Emergency Services/Urgent Care will be assessed a $75 fee, which covers the cost of a limited examination and applicable radiographs. Palliative procedures to relieve patients from pain are charged additionally.
Due to the unpredictability of the nature of urgent care, however, some patients may not be treated at the NYU College of Dentistry but will be referred to our affiliate, Bellevue Hospital, for treatment. Bellevue Hospital Center is located at 462 First Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please note that emergency room fees and related expenses incurred at Bellevue Hospital are the responsibility of the patient.
*As an academic dental center, NYU College of Dentistry follows an academic calendar, and is closed on some federal holidays as well as key academic dates (such as Graduation). Please see our Holiday/Closure Calendar for more information.
To learn more about Emergency Services/Urgent Care, please call (212) 998-9458.