Insurance, Medicaid, Medicare, and Third-Party Financing Information
The NYU College of Dentistry (NYU Dentistry) is an Article 28 contracted provider for dental services covered under the State of New York Medicaid Plans. We therefore accept all patients with traditional Medicaid coverage.
In addition, NYU Dentistry provides care under the State of New York Medicaid Managed Care and other programs listed below. This includes Medicaid and Child Health Plus Plans, and also many MLTC, FIDA, PACE, Medicare Advantage, Exchange, HARP and other plans offered through the managed care companies listed below. Please note that we may not accept all types of plans offered by all companies. Additionally, certain plans require the patient to elect NYU Dentistry as their primary dental care provider. To avoid delays in service, please check with your plan before making an appointment. If you would like to confirm whether NYU Dentistry accepts your plan, please call your plan or call NYU Dentistry at 212-998-9800.
- Liberty Dental
- United Healthcare
While some Medicare Advantage plans may provide limited dental coverage, traditional Medicare plans do not provide dental benefits. If your treatment at NYU Dentistry qualifies for reimbursement under your medical coverage through your traditional Medicare plan, we will submit claims to Medicare on your behalf.
If you have private insurance
NYU Dentistry welcomes patients with private dental insurance. At this time, we accept only the insurance plans listed below. For all other private insurance, we will assist you with completing claim forms to obtain reimbursement from your insurance company.
- Aetna Dental PPO plans - NYU Dentistry is an out-of-network provider at this time
- Cigna – NYU Dentistry participates in Cigna’s DPPO Advantage network
- MetLife PPO plans – NYU Dentistry is an out-of-network provider at this time
- Guardian PPO plans – NYU Dentistry is an out-of-network provider at this time
- United Healthcare PPO plans – NYU Dentistry is an out-of-network provider at this time
Third-Party Financing Information
If you are not covered by any insurance or you opt to receive treatment at NYU Dentistry on a self-pay basis:
- An initial fee of $135 (effective April 15th 2019) must be paid during registration. Acceptable payment methods include cash, checks (with proper identification), money orders, credit card (Visa, AmEx, MasterCard, or Discover), and many Flexible Spending Account (FSA) cards. Credit card payments cannot be accepted over the phone.
- Third-party financing options are available for patients requiring a payment plan. Please visit Care Credit or Lending Club to learn more.
Fees Associated with Emergency Services/Urgent Care
Patients presenting for Emergency Services/Urgent Care will be assessed a $75 fee, which covers the cost of a limited examination and applicable radiographs. Palliative procedures to relieve patients from pain are charged additionally.
Due to the unpredictability of the nature of urgent care, however, some patients may not be treated at the NYU College of Dentistry but will be referred to our affiliate, Bellevue Hospital, for treatment. Bellevue Hospital Center is located at 462 First Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please note that emergency room fees and related expenses incurred at Bellevue Hospital are the responsibility of the patient.
*As an academic dental center, NYU College of Dentistry follows an academic calendar, and is closed on some federal holidays as well as key academic dates (such as Graduation). Please see our Holiday/Closure Calendar for more information.
To learn more about Emergency Services/Urgent Care, please call 212-998-9458.