LOCATION / PHONE NUMBER
The NYU College of Dentistry is located at 345 E. 24th Street (corner of First Avenue) in Manhattan.
To schedule your first appointment, please call (212) 998-9800.
For Emergency Services/Urgent Care, please call (212) 998-9660.
General Clinic Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 am - 8:00 pm (last appointment: 6:00 pm)
Friday: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm (last appointment: 2:00 pm)
*As an academic dental center, NYU College of Dentistry follows an academic calendar, and is closed on some federal holidays as well as key academic dates (such as Graduation). Please see our Holiday/Closure Calendar >>> for more information.
Urgent care for patients with pain, excessive bleeding, swelling, oral infection and/or trauma is provided with no appointment necessary during the following hours:
- Monday – Thursday: 8:30 am – 8:00 pm (on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Friday and Saturday: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm (on a first-come, first-served basis)
Read more about Emergency Services/Urgent Care >>>
Quality, affordable, comprehensive patient care is provided for all ages and all dental needs:
- General Dentistry: Comprehensive care and dental hygiene covering all phases of dentistry.
- Emergency Services/Urgent Care: Urgent care for patients with pain, excessive bleeding, swelling, oral infection and/or trauma is provided with no appointment necessary. Patients requiring urgent care should visit Suite 207 on the second floor.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: Surgical extraction of teeth and removal of diseased tissue. Services provided include surgical treatment of injuries and developmental malformations of the mouth, jaws, and related facial structures.
- Pediatric Dentistry: Pediatric dental treatment and disease prevention for children up to 14 years of age, with special facilities for newborns and infants. Services provided include sealants, fluoride treatment, athletic mouth guards, fillings, and space maintainers. Please call (212) 998-9650 to schedule appointments for children.
- Orthodontics: A wide range of treatment is provided for children, adolescents, and adults who need braces. Visit www.nyu.edu/dental/patientinfo/orthodontics to learn more.
- Implant Dentistry: Procedures for dental implants provided.
- Endodontics: Root canal procedures and other endodontic issues are provided.
- Periodontics: A wide range of treatment is provided for patients with gum disease.
- Prosthodontics: Procedures for patients requiring crowns and bridges are provided.
- Special Needs: A wide range of treatment for special needs patients is provided.
- Aesthetic Dentistry: The Rosenthal Institute for Aesthetic Dentistry features current and emerging techniques in aesthetic dentistry in a setting that combines the look and feel of the finest private dental practices in New York City.
Payment and Fees
Since NYU Dentistry focuses primarily on education and research, we are able to offer our services at lower fees than the cost of comparable procedures at most private practices in the area. Diagnosis and treatment is provided by dental students under the supervision of NYU College of Dentistry faculty.
Payment for services is due at the beginning of each visit or prior to treatment completion for procedures requiring multiple appointments. Acceptable payment methods include cash, personal checks, money orders, credit card (Visa, AmEx, MasterCard, or Discover), many Flexible Spending Account (FSA) cards, and New York State Medicaid.
NYU College of Dentistry provides care under the State of New York Medicaid Managed Care Programs. For a complete list, please visit our Insurance/Medicaid Information page. >>>
Payment can be made in person or online via the Online Patient Bill Payment system. >>>
Here's what our patients are saying
I am writing to you to express my complete satisfaction with the level of dental care that I have been receiving from my student dentist, Ms Kavita Patel. She has a most pleasing personality and is very respectful to a 74-year-old.
I feel very comfortable when she is examining and cleaning my teeth; she inspires trust. Her chair-side manner is very reassuring and her handling of dental instruments is very gentle. I appreciate that she keeps in touch with the faculty periodontist, Dr. Kye, and together they keep me abreast of the best plan for my dental health. She updates him whenever necessary. She also has Dr. Kye check her work before ending my appointment.
In my opinion she is already an outstanding dental practitioner. I still have one year left under her care, until she graduates, and will continue to enjoy that special care.
NYU Dental Faculty Practices
In addition to the dental care provided at the NYU College of Dentistry, patient care in all phases of specialty and general dentistry is provided by expert faculty in a private practice environment, on a fee-for-service basis, at locations in Greenwich Village and the NYU Medical Center. Learn more about the NYU Dental Faculty Practices. >>>
NYU Oral Cancer Center
At the forefront of prevention, treatment, and care for oral cancers and precancers, the NYU Oral Cancer Center provides a Care Team of experts who specialize in head and neck surgery, radiation and chemotherapy, rehabilitation, nutrition, pain management and spiritual support. To learn more and schedule an appointment, visit the NYU Oral Cancer Center. >>>