We Look forward to welcoming you back!
NYU College of Dentistry has resumed providing care services to our patients, by appointment only. While we are trying to see all those with urgent needs as soon as possible, circumstances may require us to modify or defer certain treatments that pose a high risk.
In order to ensure the health and safety of our entire community, please note these important changes to our procedures:
Face coverings are required at all times in NYU Dentistry buildings.
Patients should arrive at appointments alone, unless the accompaniment of one caregiver/parent/guardian is necessary.
- As part of our gradual, phased-in approach to resuming patient care services, we must limit occupancy levels in our buildings. So until further notice, we will not be allowing visitors to enter the College, unless their presence as a caregiver of a patient is required.
TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT:
First, call NYU Dentistry: 212-998-9800.
- Hours: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. If you call after hours, please leave a message.
- A representative will schedule a tentative appointment upon discussion of your dental needs.
Within 24 hours of your scheduled tentative appointment, a representative will call you to be prescreened for your in-person visit.
- Upon successfully completing the prescreening process — which will involve answering a few COVID-19-related questions — your in-person appointment to be seen at NYU Dentistry will be confirmed.
- If you do not successfully complete the prescreening process, your tentative appointment will be cancelled, and you may be asked to visit your primary health care provider and/or get a COVID-19 test.
When you arrive at NYU Dentistry, your temperature will be checked and you will be asked screening questions.
- Upon successful completion of the screening process, you will be asked to check-in at the designated Patient Check-in area.
- If you do not successfully complete the screening process, you may be asked to visit your primary health care provider.
When going to your appointment at the designated treatment area, please be respectful of others and maintain appropriate social distance.
- Please be sure to limit elevator occupancy to no more than 4 people.
- You will see Health & Safety Reminders throughout our buildings, and your cooperation in following the guidance is appreciated!
We appreciate your understanding and patience as we strive to provide the best, safest care for our patients.
Quality, affordable, comprehensive patient care is provided for all ages and all dental needs:
- General Dentistry: Comprehensive care and dental hygiene covering all phases of dentistry.
- Emergency Services/Urgent Care: Urgent care for patients with pain, excessive bleeding, swelling, oral infection and/or trauma is provided with no appointment necessary. Patients requiring urgent care should visit clinic 1A.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: Surgical extraction of teeth and removal of diseased tissue. Services provided include surgical treatment of injuries and developmental malformations of the mouth, jaws, and related facial structures.
- Pediatric Dentistry: Pediatric dental treatment and disease prevention for children up to 14 years of age, with special facilities for newborns and infants. Services provided include sealants, fluoride treatment, athletic mouth guards, fillings, and space maintainers. Please call (212) 998-9650 to schedule appointments for children.
- Orthodontics: A wide range of treatment is provided for children, adolescents, and adults who need braces. Visit the Orthodontics page to learn more.
- Implant Dentistry: Procedures for dental implants provided.
- Endodontics: Root canal procedures and other endodontic issues are provided.
- Periodontics: A wide range of treatment is provided for patients with gum disease.
- Prosthodontics: Procedures for patients requiring crowns and bridges are provided.
- Special Needs: A wide range of treatment for special needs patients is provided. Please call (212) 998-9988 to schedule appointments at the NYU Dentistry Oral Health Center for People with Disabilities.
- Aesthetic Dentistry: The Rosenthal Institute for Aesthetic Dentistry features current and emerging techniques in aesthetic dentistry in a setting that combines the look and feel of the finest private dental practices in New York City.
Payment and Fees
Since NYU Dentistry focuses primarily on education and research, we are able to offer our services at lower fees than the cost of comparable procedures at most private practices in the area. Diagnosis and treatment is provided by dental students under the supervision of NYU College of Dentistry faculty.
Payment for services is due at the beginning of each visit or prior to treatment completion for procedures requiring multiple appointments. Acceptable payment methods include cash, personal checks, money orders, credit card (Visa, AmEx, MasterCard, or Discover), many Flexible Spending Account (FSA) cards, and New York State Medicaid.
NYU College of Dentistry provides care under the State of New York Medicaid Managed Care Programs. For a complete list, please visit our Insurance/Medicaid Information page. >>>
Payment can be made in person or online via the Online Patient Bill Payment system. >>>
Here's what our patients are saying
I am writing to you to express my complete satisfaction with the level of dental care that I have been receiving from my student dentist, Ms Kavita Patel. She has a most pleasing personality and is very respectful to a 74-year-old.
I feel very comfortable when she is examining and cleaning my teeth; she inspires trust. Her chair-side manner is very reassuring and her handling of dental instruments is very gentle. I appreciate that she keeps in touch with the faculty periodontist, Dr. Kye, and together they keep me abreast of the best plan for my dental health. She updates him whenever necessary. She also has Dr. Kye check her work before ending my appointment.
In my opinion she is already an outstanding dental practitioner. I still have one year left under her care, until she graduates, and will continue to enjoy that special care.
NYU Dentistry Oral Health Center for People with Disabilities
We provide care based on a deep commitment to assuring disabled patients, their families, and caregivers that they aren't just cared for, but cared about. Our dental care providers have the specialized skillsets needed to provide sensitive, essential care for individuals whose disability or disabilities prevent them from being treated in a conventional dental setting. Every component of the Center has been designed to accommodate the physical and support needs of our patients, their families, and/or caregivers. And because it provides dental care across the lifespan, the Center offers a dental home for disabled patients on an ongoing basis. Learn more about the NYU Dentistry Oral Health Center for People with Disabilities. >>>
NYU Dental Faculty Practices
In addition to the dental care provided at the NYU College of Dentistry, patient care in all phases of specialty and general dentistry is provided by expert faculty in a private practice environment, on a fee-for-service basis, at locations in Greenwich Village and the NYU Medical Center. Learn more about the NYU Dental Faculty Practices. >>>
NYU Oral Cancer Center
At the forefront of prevention, treatment, and care for oral cancers and precancers, the NYU Oral Cancer Center provides a Care Team of experts who specialize in head and neck surgery, radiation and chemotherapy, rehabilitation, nutrition, pain management and spiritual support. To learn more and schedule an appointment, visit the NYU Oral Cancer Center. >>>