Patients: Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
LOCATION / PHONE NUMBER
NYU College of Dentistry is located at 345 E. 24th Street (corner of First Avenue) in Manhattan.
To schedule your first appointment, please call (212) 998-9800.
For Emergency Services/Urgent Care, please call (212) 998-9660.
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Surgical extraction of teeth and removal of diseased tissue. Services provided include surgical treatment of injuries and developmental malformations of the mouth, jaws, and related facial structures.
The Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery patient treatment area is located on the 2nd floor of the Schwartz building.
To learn more about Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, visit the Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery web page.
Services Provided at NYU Dentistry
Quality, affordable, comprehensive patient care is provided for all ages and all dental needs:
- General Dentistry: Comprehensive care and dental hygiene covering all phases of dentistry.
- Emergency Services/Urgent Care: Urgent care for patients with pain, excessive bleeding, swelling, oral infection and/or trauma is provided with no appointment necessary. Patients requiring urgent care should visit Suite 207 on the second floor.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: Surgical extraction of teeth and removal of diseased tissue. Services provided include surgical treatment of injuries and developmental malformations of the mouth, jaws, and related facial structures.
- Pediatric Dentistry: Pediatric dental treatment and disease prevention for children up to 14 years of age, with special facilities for newborns and infants. Services provided include sealants, fluoride treatment, athletic mouth guards, fillings, and space maintainers. Please call (212) 998-9650 to schedule appointments for children.
- Orthodontics: A wide range of treatment is provided for children, adolescents, and adults who need braces. Visit the Orthodontics page to learn more.
- Implant Dentistry: Procedures for dental implants provided.
- Endodontics: Root canal procedures and other endodontic issues are provided.
- Periodontics: A wide range of treatment is provided for patients with gum disease.
- Prosthodontics: Procedures for patients requiring crowns and bridges are provided.
- Special Needs: A wide range of treatment for special needs patients is provided. Please call (212) 998-9988 to schedule appointments at the NYU Dentistry Oral Health Center for People with Disabilities.
- Aesthetic Dentistry: The Rosenthal Institute for Aesthetic Dentistry features current and emerging techniques in aesthetic dentistry in a setting that combines the look and feel of the finest private dental practices in New York City.
NYU Dental Faculty Practices
In addition to the dental care provided at the NYU College of Dentistry, patient care in all phases of specialty and general dentistry is provided by expert faculty in a private practice environment, on a fee-for-service basis, at locations in Greenwich Village and the NYU Medical Center. Learn more about the NYU Dental Faculty Practices. >>>
NYU Oral Cancer Center
At the forefront of prevention, treatment, and care for oral cancers and precancers, the NYU Oral Cancer Center provides a Care Team of experts who specialize in head and neck surgery, radiation and chemotherapy, rehabilitation, nutrition, pain management and spiritual support. To learn more and schedule an appointment, visit the NYU Oral Cancer Center. >>>